- Pay Rate:
Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 7 months
Interim Digital User Researcher -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00042406
Pay Rate: Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
The post holder will need to have a London or Leeds base, but currently remote working. Once the offices reopen it is expected that the post holder will attend once or twice a month. If face to face research recommences, the post holder may also need to visit some provider sites.
- Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Use findings of user data to work closely with designers and analysts to iterate the developing service
- Manage business relations with usability and market research agencies to support necessary research processes
- Plan and moderate user research activities such as interviews, surveys and survey analysis, workshops and working groups, user experience research including desk-based research (including previous research, literature review, policy documentation and data analysis), observation/contextual inquiry, usability testing, ethnographic research, lab testing
- Carry out qualitative & quantitative analysis on research and be able to share that in a format that the wider team will understand (through show & tells, research summaries etc.)
- Experience in taking a lead User Researcher role within a team, setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues
- A background of managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals
- Previous experience of working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances; quantitative research methodologies
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web-based services; managing, executing and analysing usability test and research sessions
- Ability to work in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
- Experience & knowledge of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Substantial experience of conducting research with a design or user experience focus
- Experience of working with digital teams, especially designers and product managers
- Considerable experience of implementing the full research lifecycle from designing research, to planning, implementation, recruitment, conducting research, analysing data, eliciting findings and communicating recommendations
- Healthcare background is desirable.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Digital User Researcher – Remote Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.