- Pay Rate:
£254.82 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-6 months
- WESTMINSTER, LONDON,
Interim Digital & Innovation Project Manager
Job Ref: Westminster RQ684539
Pay Rate: £254.82 per day PAYE
This role will have responsibility to support the Strategic Lead - Digital and Innovation to help deliver the new Digital & Innovation Service. This will include, transition, disaggregation and adoption workstreams as well as planning around the stand-up of the new services six core functions – Technology, Architecture & Data, Delivery, Product, Customer Experience & Digital & Smart City. Each of these functions has its own priorities and objectives and it will be your responsibility to support the Strategic Lead to work with the Digital Leadership Team to develop and deliver these
- Support the delivery of the Digital & Innovation Workstream - organising, directing and motivating individuals to ensure the successful delivery of a range of projects.
- Undertake full project management duties as required, including the production of high-quality documentation within the specified constraints of time and cost
- Own the development of Business Cases considering the costs and financial benefits associated with services.
- Ensure the project produces a result that can achieve the benefits defined in that documentation
- Manage business and project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Manage project budgets, ensuring outcomes are delivered on time and within budget.
- Understand when delegated decision making is required and take responsibility for change controls, assuring the overall direction and integrity of the project is maintained.
- Maintain and manage stakeholder relationships; establishing and promoting the meeting of stakeholder objectives, undertaking reporting as required, and where necessary providing an arbitration function.
- Liaise and negotiate with external suppliers and partners (as required) to secure services or products and agree appropriate costings (taking into considerations any procurement).
- Provide project management best practice guidance for the
- Council’s Project Managers and Project Teams
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold a suitable professional qualification directly related to the post or hold a degree in a relevant discipline (Degree/relevant qualification level or relevant knowledge and experience)
- Knowledge and practical application of the Government Service Standards, Government Accessibility Regulations and Information Governance principles
- Extensive experience of multi-disciplinary project development and delivery within a political environment
- Experience, evidenced by a record of success, of working in a large multi-disciplinary organisation with comparable scope, complexity and resources
- Experience of agile environments and can prioritise the most important or highest value tasks and can manage complex internal and external dependencies
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build relationships to implement project deliverables and secure collaboration from services and external organisations
- The ability to draw broad and novel insights from large and complex sets of data, as well the expertise to spot problems and assist with more technical work
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Digital & Innovation Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.