- Pay Rate:
£22.73 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Looking for candidate to start as soon as possible. Flexibility is required as it would be beneficial to have face to face contact with their team from time to time, say once a week as a minimum.
Under the general direction of the Digital Services Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Digital Infrastructure team.
Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and retirement of systems. Responsible for the infrastructure service that enables delivery of customer facing IT services.
Ensure the organisation’s infrastructure is fit for purpose for leading transformational change whilst delivering effective and secure customer focused digital services.
Embedding a culture of resilience, reliability, and value for money through the delivery of services through a combination of on premise, IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS.
Lead a team of professionals to deliver effective and efficient Digital Services. With key responsibility for staff management, supplier management, standards and procedures, strategy, monitoring and reporting, infrastructure software.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Relevant Level 6 qualification on the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales (CQFW). For example, a Degree
- Relevant project management methodologies. i.e. Prince 2 / Agile.
- Appropriate systems/network certification - desirable
- Enterprise resource planning software - desirable
- Database management system software - desirable
- Development software - desirable
- Demonstrable prior experience in designing, implementing and supporting large scale infrastructure transformation programmes.
- Experience of public / private and hybrid cloud solutions (e.g. DAAS, PAAS, IAAS); cloud infrastructure design and implementation; integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Experience in a technical management role, managing a team and third-party suppliers delivering infrastructure and applications.
- Proven track record of automating solutions and driving efficiencies through process improvements.
- Experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, with additional experience collaborating optimally across teams.
- Defining, implementing and managing an appropriate mix of Target Operating Models including in-house, outsourced and managed services providers.
- Proven record of developing talent with an emphasis on a mentoring and coaching style.
- Knowledge of Human Resources and Health and Safety matters/procedures involved in front-line service delivery.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure technologies and services.
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Digital Security and its application to Digital Infrastructure
- IT Service Management frameworks and the management of IT Services.
- Vendor and supplier management.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to think and act strategically, innovatively, and proactively.
- Ability to see the big picture
- Ability to identify and manage risks.
- Robust fact gathering, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of prevalent tools, methodologies and frameworks.
- Highly collaborative approach, and able to develop consensus from a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Effective leadership skills, including leading a diverse team.
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for high impact results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace ambitious environment.
- Manages time effectively, meets deadlines, and achieves objectives.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Proven track record of partnership working and innovative approaches to the delivery of services.
- Experience of mobile technologies.
- Experience of cloud technologies and how they can assist and organisation through a change programme.
- Experience of printer technologies and strategies and how to modernise this area of the business.
- Experience of line management and supervision of staff.
- Experience of working with Elected Members.
- Experience of management and leadership.
- Experience of working across Corporate and Education sectors.
- Technical and practical knowledge of cabling practice, methodology, and practical implications.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of electrical circuits, power distribution and the related practical implications for networking, telephony, and cabling.
- The security implications within telecommunications systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the range of policy and operational issues confronting Digital Services and Local Government generally.
- Knowledge of local government finance, budget preparation, tendering and contract management.
- Evidence of continued professional development activities undertaken in the last 2 years.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Welsh language skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Advanced coding skills.
- Any local authority/public sector experience
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Digital Infrastructure Manager - ICT Services
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.