- Pay Rate:
Up to £718 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Digital Architect -Remote Working -
Pay Rate: Up to £718 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Salisbury 1-2 days a week and WFH.
As a Digital Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring design governance across the organisation’s digital estate.
You will work to influence and contribute to digital strategy and direction. You will provide corporate governance and technical advice to digital programmes, projects, and services to ensure that the strategy, policy and design principles are adhered to whilst taking into account customer requirements to provide advice and direction.
There is a requirement to maintain and develop design principles, policy, and standards, authoring sub-strategy and related documentation.
You will maintain and develop good working relationships between the team Architects’ team and the relevant internal and external key stakeholders.
- Be responsible for ensuring design governance across the team's digital estate.
- Work to influence and contribute to digital strategy and direction.
- Provide corporate governance and technical advice to digital programmes, projects and services to ensure that the strategy, policy and design principles are adhered to whilst taking into account customer requirements to provide advice and direction.
- Maintain and develop design principles, policy and standards, authoring sub-strategy and related documentation.
- Listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret them to make decisions based on risk and complexity.
- Turn business problems into technical design.
- Design systems characterised by medium levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity. Works across multiple services or a single large or complicated service.
- Good communication and information sharing skills with an ability to translate complex technical matters to a simple business-related view.
- A good problem solver with experience of constructively challenging proposed approaches and solutions, considering wider opportunities, impacts and longer-term strategy.
- A familiarity with writing and reviewing technical documentation within an architectural context.
Hands on experience of working as an Applications, Technical, Solution or Enterprise Architect.
- Experience of working with and writing architectural strategy, policies, and processes.
- Experience of working within a similar governance and/or assurance role.
- Experience of writing and reviewing technical design documentation.
- Experience of operating in a similar role in wider industry; public sector or
- Working with a strategic outsource partner in a context applicable to the offered role.
- Knowledge of working to a central government ministry requirements for secure computing regarding policies and best practice (JSP440, SPF, GPG etc.) and their application within a secure environment.
- Working within ITIL (operations), TOGAF (Architecture) and PRINCE2 (projects) frameworks.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Digital Architect - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.