- Pay Rate:
up to £222.00 per day PAYE, depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
Interim Development Surveyor – Strategic Development
Job Ref: MCC 0006 3A5D / 1
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
To support the Senior Development Surveyors and Principal Development Surveyors in the development and management of the City’s investment estate and non-operational property portfolio. The post holder will need to be able to effectively balance the objectives of securing income and best value for the Council while supporting the growth and place making agenda. The role presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work on key development and regeneration projects. Candidates will have the technical knowledge and experience to deliver quality outputs, in a timely manner and with a high level of service.
- Assist in providing a comprehensive and responsive property and development service within the City by providing development and property advice, support and input to regeneration and development proposals.
- Assist in the delivery and project management of regeneration projects having particular regard to joint venture working.
- Manage a caseload in a productive and cost effective manner adhering to City Council systems and financial regulations.
- Direct, co-ordinate and monitor the work of consultants.
- Advise senior officers, members and other stakeholders on the feasibility and viability of development and property matters.
- Undertake development appraisals and to analyse, report and review the development appraisals of other organisations and their consultants.
- Site assembly and acquisition to facilitate development of all land and premises or property rights required in connection with City Council property.
- Undertake commercial and residential valuations in accordance with professional and corporate guidelines and ensure compliance with the City Council’s statutory obligations in matters concerning the valuation of interest in land.
- Work with and advise colleagues in the Corporate Estates team in order to make best use of the Council’s operational and non-operational estate, including the rationalisation and disposal of land and property.
- Prepare and submit papers and act as expert witness for the Council at enquires, tribunals and hearings or any other similar proceedings where appropriate.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Experience:
- A qualified chartered surveyor with 2 years post qualification development experience or a surveyor who is eligible to undertake or is in the process of undertaking their APC for the RICS and has extensive and relevant experience.
- Track record of successful delivery in a property environment.
- Experience of managing contracts particularly within a property environment.
- Experience in undertaking valuation, development and regeneration proposals and demonstrable evidence of delivering successful outcomes.
- Experience of the successful delivery of development and regeneration projects.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven knowledge and experience in complex valuation and development appraisals.
- Possess commercial acumen, negotiating and influencing skills within a property environment.
- Proven leadership qualities, providing the ability to help forge and manage complex public and private partnerships.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Manchester Property Market and the role the City Council plays in regeneration.
- Ability to influence other partners and organisations, building positive working relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills to support problem solving of a highly complex nature and deliver practical solutions.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Development Surveyor – Strategic Development
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.