- Pay Rate:
up to £444.00 per day PAYE TBC
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Interim Development Stream Lead – Data & Analytics Solutions, Transport Services
Job Ref: TL 0006 4DB1 / 1
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Standard DBS required for this role (can be applied for on job offer)
To lead the successful development and delivery of data and analytics solutions and applications which support operational and business decision making by directing a technically high skilled team with expertise capability within the Analytics Development and Delivery team. Candidates must have experience undertaking development in a data team and Azure Development experience.
- Lead the delivery of business intelligence solutions, which will be operational for 2 – 5 years, from the Data and Analytics’ Development and Delivery team, which support a range of strategic business processes relating to operational performance, usage of the Future Ticketing Programme/ revenue collection system and other high profile data sets.
- Lead a development stream and own the delivery of complex multiple projects, from development to operational release, ensuring the team is adequately resourced, ensuring any critical technical issues relating to development are raised to the Data and Analytics Leadership team.
- Continuous maintenance and improvement of existing best practice and development of new solutions to ensure the optimal creation and production of business intelligence is in line with the Technology and Data strategy set by the Chief Technical Officer.
- Deliver design solutions and resolution of complex issues ensuring risk mitigation through system and process controls.
- Ensure that the organisation’s policy on privacy and data protection is adhered to in the design of all solutions & the access to data is controlled, that personal data is stored securely ensuring anonymity in accordance with best practice guidelines.
- Lead and articulate the vision for continuous advancement in data and analytics tooling and technology based on industry trends and best practice.
- Ensure the team document the technical design of data warehousing and/or business intelligence application components in accordance with Data and Analytics’ standards and ensure they complete all exit / entry requirements from a governance perspective.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure technical fixes are addressed where necessary and can run in a system testing environment.
- Lead on and contribute fully in quality assurance design walk-through of all data or business intelligence solutions with the senior management team.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Candidates must have experience undertaking development in a data team with Azure Development experience (Datalake, Databricks, Synapse, Delta Tables and Event Hubs).
- A degree in a relevant technology/computer science subject/equivalent technical qualification plus sound on the job experience of the platform specialism.
- Expert knowledge of ETL, data warehousing, data modelling, dealing with big data and the approaches.
- Expert knowledge of data schema structures and design and how they can be correctly applied to deliver robust solutions that meet specifications.
- Expert knowledge of Agile development techniques and measurements ensuring that team size and structure is appropriate for scenario.
- Knowledge of best practice data encryption techniques and standards.
- Knowledge of relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT including knowledge of basic confidentiality and data protection requirements that apply to the processing of customer information.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques.
- Design and development of complex data and analytics solutions in an iterative manner for large enterprise business /data warehouse implementations.
- Delivery of data and analytics solutions/applications to automate business processes and to meet user function and quality characteristics, including but not limited to; performance, availability, scalability, security, and integrity.
- ETL coding standards: ensuring that code is standardised, self-documenting and can be reliably tested.
- Extensive experience in managing business intelligence development teams delivering complex projects in multi-vendor environments.
- Broad experience of managing risks and mitigations related to business intelligence solutions development.
- Expert in data and analytics solution design and implementation using Agile and equivalent methodologies; leading a team whose responsibility is to deliver across multiple projects.
- Expert in tooling and technology that support all aspects of the Data and Analytics development lifecycle in an agile scrum environment.
- Exceptional problem solving, design and architectural skills.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and deliver new/changed services.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to build effective working relations with project delivery teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain complex information with senior management and directors, produce summary and feasibility reports on complex technical and business issues.
- Ability to analyse complex systems, spot trends, draw conclusions, and produce solutions and decisions.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Standard DBS – please indicate on your application if you have this in place (can be applied for on offer of job).
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Development Stream Lead – Transport Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.