- Pay Rate:
£26.54 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- NEWHAM, LONDON,
Interim Development Manager
Job Ref: RQ613783
To put the Council’s vision of a quality, seamless customer focused service delivery into practice, by instilling a performance culture in the Customer Services, ensuring the provision of a wide range of best in class services which reflect and meet the needs of the local community within the London Borough of Newham
- Work with senior colleagues including Heads of Service, Directors and other service leads to identify the key challenges and problems that they face in delivering best-value services to our residents.
- Identify and lead on areas where data can make a difference by conducting business process mapping activities; conducting requirements gathering and analysis; facilitating options identification and assessment and supporting the development of ‘to be’ operating models.
- Hold workshops to determine business requirements using business process mapping techniques.
- To contribute toward developing and implementing a working culture that is result-orientated and customer-focused.
- To be responsible for continuous personal development by requesting support where and when necessary.
- To ensure an aptitude in the learning and understanding of new systems required to perform the role, ensuring continuous development to support the aims of the team and the service.
- To liaise with a range of staff, management and other stakeholders across the Council to ensure the delivery of service objectives
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified or extensive experience in business analysis and process redesign techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of predictive data analysis and their successful implementation
- Strong working knowledge of ICT systems as they apply to customer-facing performance measurement, including Customer Relationship Management systems, or similar
- Significant experience of leading business change projects from analysis through to implementation
- Experience of presenting data to a wide and varied audience including senior managers and Members
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to gather and analyse complex information from a range of sources, understand the business context, extract key points and draw conclusions to make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills (orally, written, graphical for a broad range of audiences
- Ability to work alongside senior managers to translate models into improved business processes and solutions to deliver financial and efficiency savings
- Ability to use data to effect changes in how services are delivered
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Development Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.