- Pay Rate:
Up to £48.10 per hour PAYE, depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 6 months until further notice
Interim Development Management Team Leader x2
Reference no: WNC (HQ) 9981
Hybrid role - remote 2-3 day per week
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
A Team Lead is required to cover managing teams for major applications and general applications.
Duties will include signing off reports and decision notices, supervising staff 1-2-1s, facilitating change in processes, streamlining etc.
- Act as Team Leader for one of the Development Management teams, leading, motivating, managing, and developing staff to provide a high quality, efficient and value for money development management service.
- Allocate work, set targets, manage performance of the relevant team and to ensure it meets professional standards, service and corporate priorities and targets.
- Ensure that planning decisions in the team are made (and seen to be made) with the utmost integrity and impartiality.
- Manage complaints/queries about service delivery in accordance with relevant policy and to identify and implement any lessons learned.
- Supporting the Development Management Manager in the liaison, communication and meeting with applicants, agents, District Councillors, members of the Public, Parish/Town Councils, businesses, and any other stakeholders as necessary to discuss and negotiate on planning and enforcement matters.
- Draft reports for presentation to the Planning committee and ensure that they are fit for upward authorisation by senior management.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of one of the Development Management teams, working within policy and operational guidelines and to assist the Development Management Manager in the following:
- The preparation, gathering and maintenance of appropriate quality data and statistical records including comparative performance measures.
- Support the development of the service plan.
- The management of risks and opportunities.
- The monitoring of the effectiveness of the service in controlling development and influencing the environment through assessment and review of the quality of decisions/developments.
- Providing information and responses to other parts of the Council, HM Government departments, relevant national organisations, members of the public, businesses, outside bodies and any other appropriate body or individual in relation to planning matters.
- Working closely with the Chair, vice chair and elected members on the Planning Committee to ensure that they are appropriately informed and engaged in the most appropriate manner to endure that they are equipped to make informed decisions.
- Preparing necessary statements and evidence for appeals and other matters relating to the Development Management Service and present the Councils case at appropriate meetings (including public enquiries, informal and court hearings etc).
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of developing effective strategies and plans to shape and deliver long-term organisational objectives.
- Evidence of delivering tangible benefits through the development and management of commercial projects, income streams, cost reductions and commissioning.
- Understands the role of the organization, its communities and the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Understands the environment in which the organization operates and considers the financial and wider commercial implications of their decisions and actions.
- Demonstrates the appropriate level of specialist knowledge and expertise required to effectively fulfil the role and ensure continuous self/professional development (CPD).
- Demonstrates a collaborative and adaptive leadership style with colleagues and partners.
- Can think and plan strategically, envisioning the future of the sector and local area.
- Demonstrates a high level of motivation, interest and focus on the financial welfare of the organisation.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage staff performance and development.
- Demonstrates an open mind to challenge traditional approaches in a positive way, develops innovative ideas, solves problems, and continually improves performance.
- Collaborates and consults with others effectively, in joint pursuit of team and organisational goals.
- Communicates clearly and openly with others to inform, instruct, persuade, and encourage feedback.
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and focuses energy and commitment on achieving results that are critical to own and organizational success.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Development Management Team Leader x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.