- Pay Rate:
Up to £51.80 per hour PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Alconbury Weald,
Interim Development Management Officer – Mineral & Waste Planning
Reference no: CCC (HQ) 9402 28/06/22
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Flexibility to work from home or other CCC locations.
The purpose of a Development Management Officer is to process complex Mineral and Waste Planning Applications through to determination with representation at the Planning Committee as required.
The successful candidate will provide professional and technical advice, support and capacity in relation to the discharge of the Council’s development management responsibilities for minerals and waste and county council developments, including site monitoring duties where required
- Deliver customer oriented services for the business area within Place & Economy as directed by the Service Plan.
- Implement strategies for the delivery of services and support which engage directly and appropriately with partners and consumers.
- Provide professional expertise for the Service in relation to planning applications for minerals and waste and county council developments.
- Take a lead on aspects of service expertise within development management, as appropriate and deal with enquiries that require additional knowledge and expertise.
- Develop and promote partnership working with a range of stakeholders in order to achieve service objectives.
- Develop effective internal and external partnerships and work with a range of stakeholders including other authorities and key organisations in Cambridgeshire in order to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
- To project manage a full caseload of planning applications, prepare and present reports to Planning Committee, undertake site monitoring visits and represent the Council at planning appeals, inquiries and hearings.
- Co-ordinate and lead projects including compliance and enforcement action and monitoring approved SuDS schemes ensuring engagement with identified participants.
- Provide advice to customers, colleagues and key stakeholders in relation to the expertise and activities of the business area e.g. pre-application and planning application negotiations.
- Provide support to partner organisations in relation to the activities of the business area in order to facilitate effective joined-up working.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE or equivalent and degree, HND, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent experience.
- Recognised qualification in land use planning and eligible for chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a service related planning and development management service.
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours.
- Demonstrable track record of successful working in a service delivery role.
- Good understanding of the purpose and working of the business area.
- Ability to deliver services in line with an agreed Service Plan.
- Good knowledge and understanding of any relevant legislation appropriate to the business area expertise.
- Good knowledge of the structure and organisation within the business area at local and national level.
- Ability to coach and mentor other staff members.
- Ability to work in a safe manner.
- Ability to deal with and respond to complex enquiries and complaints.
- Ability to represent the business area and service with elected members, senior officers and key stakeholders.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Development Management Officer – Mineral & Waste
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.