- Pay Rate:
Up to £45.00 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is until further notice, following an initial trial period of 2 weeks
Reference no: Bradford 5208912
The ‘Go To’ person for all lighting design technical matters for Highways Lighting Projects
- To provide a service at all times to the nominated Project Manager by ensuring that the standards of work and the designs supplied by Contractors are as specified in accordance with the Works Information / Specification
- Work with the Project Manager to control and monitor design budgets for both the initial design, detailed design and project delivery stages.
- Develop and manage a project submittal log and track progress, approval and discharge of all data regarded as Reviewable Design Data under Highway Lighting Projects.
- Provide highways lighting design advice, promoting a culture of technical excellence through internal learning and training and mentoring the team.
- Drive delivery to ensure that targets and milestones are achieved
- Produce new and improved highways lighting construction designs using 'Lighting Reality' software
- Produce highway electrical lighting network construction designs using cable design software packages to produce electrical schematics to the relevant standards
- Conduct assessments of highways lighting designs, installations and associated electrical networks
- Undertake and perform site surveys and investigations to finalise As Build drawings for information and record purpose
- Produce and provide design estimates, specifications and contract documents
- Manage a small design team to deliver target driven projects
- Oversee designs produced by the design team
- Compose records of the works; index and file all drawings and correspondence
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC, HND or degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- ILP Diploma - Institution of Lighting Professionals (parts 1, 2 & 3 as a minimum)
- Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the highways lighting sector on high driven target projects (i.e. Energy efficient lighting replacement woks / column renewal works) with at least 3 years within a management role
- Advanced knowledge of the current British and European standards relating to Street Lighting i.e. BS5489 - Code of practice for the design of road lighting
- Comprehensive knowledge of cable design software packages
- Extensive experience of local authority street lighting maintenance and construction projects
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- Good understanding of Electricity at Work and IET Wiring Regulations
- Experience of reviewing and interrogating accident statistics and/or road safety audits
- Experienced in liaison with Statutory Utilities.
- ICT Skills:
- Competent to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in 'Lighting Reality' design software
- Proficient in AutoCAD Software
- Proficient in ‘Cable Calculation’ Software i.e. Amtech
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Design Manager – Street Lighting Project
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.