- Pay Rate:
£316.63 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 1 month until further notice
Interim Database Administrator - IT
Reference no: Lewes RQ602006
A Database Administrator is required to perform day to day activities such as monitoring SQL Server health, job status, backups, adaptation, and creation of SSIS packages and address user issues.
- Download third party software major releases/patches and perform system upgrades for our major business applications.
- Querying databases and producing detailed reports based on the organisation’s requirements.
- Work with the ICT BAU Applications Support team to co-ordinate system upgrades/patches.
- Work with individual system lead officers in maintaining a corporate approach to ensuring all upgrades, modules, patches, and reconfigurations are completed and tested prior to go live.
- Work with the ICT Infrastructure and Desktop teams to monitor SQL server health, routine maintenance including patching, troubleshooting, data migration, backup, and recovery tasks.
- Maintain a comprehensive map of system integrations, and interdependencies, including system architecture/infrastructure.
- Record changes to systems configuration, in transition to ICT BAU and ensure that any recorded changes to systems are fully accessible to Applications Support colleagues.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal customers and technical suppliers.
- Act as ‘critical friend’ to the Applications Support team, challenging and ensuring best practice procedures are observed.
- Contribute to the development of strategies, procedures, standards, business, and continuity plans to ensure the team can meet future challenges and customer / stakeholder expectations with increased service efficiency and effectiveness.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSEs at grade ‘C’ or above (or the equivalent), including English and Maths.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Administration.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with data management principals and best practice.
- Good knowledge of SQL server development and maintenance, including troubleshooting, data migration, backup, and recovery tasks.
- Demonstrable knowledge of principles of database administration.
- Broad knowledge of ICT technologies.
- Have a good understanding of performance measurement and relevance of reporting and monitoring tools.
- Previous experience in similar DBA role.
- Demonstrable experience of using SQL Server.
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows and Office software.
- Delivering a range of technical assistance and interventions.
- Creative and technical complex problem-solving skills.
- Able to isolate and resolve database issues in real time to maintain access and data integrity.
- Able to advise on operations, scripts, and triggers to improve database access.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Able to communicate with internal and external technical teams, and business stakeholders to gather requirements and prepare reports.
- Skilled at developing more efficient processes for handling and accessing data, automating recurring tasks and performing routine maintenance.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail & accuracy.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work to agreed standards and targets in a performance driven environment.
- The ability to develop and implement work-based processes and procedures and drive improvement.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Database Administrator - IT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.