- Pay Rate: Up to £538 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week: 37
- 12 months
Interim Data Warehouse Expert - PSR 1JP00018965
Pay Rate: Up to £538 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
The iCAS programme is replacing Dstl’s current on premise Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System with a cloud hosted ERP service by 2021. There will be a need to take data from the new ERP into an on-premise data repository to support integration with a range of other systems and services, including connected data marts supporting MI to various business areas. You will need strong Data Warehouse design and implementation experience is required to Design an integration and MI Data Repository, and a set of data marts, that will be hosted on CGB infrastructure using Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
You will have:
- a proven background in designing and implementing data warehouses and MI solutions, with the ability to work at a detailed technical level in an Agile environment.
- Extensive experience in designing, building and operating data warehouses and Data Marts for large organisations supporting a range of MI and data integration requirements including multiple data source systems, combinations of full data refresh and delta data refresh, maintaining data history and archiving, near real-time and batch integration and MI.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, data mapping and data migration between systems including large scale ERP implementations is essential.
- Experience developing and maitaining meta data repositories, business data and information definitions for data dictionaries
- Experience in using Microsoft technologies including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Report Builder and Power BI
- Experience in using ETL tools and data integration and transformation techniques.
- Experience in and ability to use a range of integration and output mechanisms
- Good experience with Microsoft RDMS solutions. Knowledge and experience of Oracle RDMS solutions is also preferable.
- Experienced coder and comfortable writing and maintaining code artefacts as part of data integration.
- Experience with using and integrating BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Extensive experience in driving Meta data architecture and Master Data Management Solutions
- Proven exposure of working with enterprise systems data requirements and challenges would be beneficial, eg Oracle Fusion, Oracle PeopleSoft
- Awareness of MDM trends, MDM concepts and other tools in the market
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Essential details to include on your CV:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance
- Confirmation of Nationality Required.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Data Warehouse Expert *New Job Description* (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.