- Pay Rate:
Up to £21.78 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Data Support Officer -Legal Services /Procurement - Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00060306
Pay Rate: Up to £21.78 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
Hybrid working with 2 days in the office required.
As the Data Support Officer you will support the relationship management side of the Legal Services Panel Supplier Relationship Team.
You will have the opportunity to work across government, with external partners and experts enabling you to understand how government purchases legal services and how they can better make data driven decisions.
- Ensure all scheduled management information is received in a timely manner and is accurately reported
- Create reports using Excel and PowerPoint, sometimes at short notice, to support the management of the SRM function and the operation of the Panel Services Management (PSM) Team and to provide analysis of the operation of the panel and GLD’s use of the panel for them and senior stakeholders (including the GLD Board)
- Develop an understanding of the MI to communicate what is and isn’t possible, helpful and meaningful to report on, and with the SRM provide alternatives where appropriate
- Interrogate issues with the accuracy of the data provided and facilitate corrections where necessary in a timely manner
- Provide general support to the SRM and PSM teams, answering queries about the operation of the panel and providing additional capacity where necessary
- Coordinate with Legal Services relationship managers, senior stakeholders within team and the Government Legal Profession and other team members to develop, share and implement best practice, and take responsibility for continuous improvement of the Legal Services Panel Team service
- Share knowledge of the panel and feedback any useful information about firms, the work they are undertaking and the value-added services they provide to enable effective management of the private sector workload across government.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level (e.g. using graphs, formulas and creating pivot tables from information provided).
- Ability to use PowerPoint
- Ability to analyse and use a range of relevant, credible information from internal and external sources to support decisions.
- Able to clearly explain to stakeholders what can be done.
- Ability to identify common problems that affect service, report them and find possible solutions.
- Able to deliver good customer service which balances quality and cost effectiveness of delivery.
- Previous experience of working with stakeholders to set priorities, objectives and timescales.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Data Support Officer - Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.