- Pay Rate: Up to £750 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week: 37
- 5-6 months
Interim Cyber Security Consultant - PSR 1JP00018000
We have put together and started to execute on a fairly substantial portfolio of projects across the CGB to use this money for its stated purpose - this involves specific activity on individual systems, as well as building central capabilities to help reduce tech debt impacts. So for example, we are funding work in the digital studio to make improvements to how the NOMIS system manages record retention and deletion, and we are funding work in my team to improve our overall joiners, movers and leavers processes in the CGB.
The Cyber Security Consultants are needed to provide specialist cyber security hands-on help to project and product teams working on legacy and obsolete systems. You work will guide specific additional mitigations - be that technical, procedural, or otherwise - to address the cyber security risks they have identified in legacy systems, with specific focus on the ‘top 40’.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, supervise or directly manage a team of Digital Security Specialists;
- Lead on development of plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorised modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs;
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes;
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems;
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status;
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors;
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
Must display a solid background within Cyber Security
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Essential details to include on your CV:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance
- Solid background/ experience within Cyber Security
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Cyber Security Consultant (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.