- Pay Rate:
£434.44 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Westminster, London,
Interim Cyber Security Architect – Digital & Innovation
Job Ref: DIGWestminster RQ683481
Pay Rate: £434.44 per day PAYE
The Security Architect will bring in secure architecture principles and methodologies, advising on secure digital transformation programs. They will work closely with various stake holder and be point of contact on matters relating to secure architecture.
The post holder could be asked to work in a range of ways, from being part of a Product team working to iterate a product to continuously improve and meet the needs of users, to a member of a Project team using Agile/Waterfall methodologies to deliver agreed outcomes, or a member of a service team delivering against a set of requirements.
- Create security standards and patterns for complex, interdependent services, making technology choices and tradeoffs.
- Give advice across whole business areas, making complex information simple to give a blueprint that teams can follow.
- Take responsibility for designing overall council-wide security policy, architecture and design, influencing at the highest level to make decisions.
- Take decisions in partnerships with services about the security design of their systems; work with them to influence suppliers and partners to improve their technology.
- Review services to analyse and assess their vulnerabilities; build and execute plans to mitigate these.
- Lead a continuous programme of penetration testing across the council, ensuring systems are continuously iterated to minimise security risk.
- Recommend/deliver security training for council leaders and wider staff, to help people understand the interplay between technology and behavioural security.
- Take responsibility for the security profile of the council’s selfbuilt services, including any code published or shared.
- Communicate security strategies and plans as appropriate throughout the organisation.
- Keep senior management up to date on security trends and developments and advise them on commercial implications and associated business opportunities and advise and brief other staff as appropriate.
- Take an active part in technology procurement exercises, considering both security and commercial options.
- Identify and mitigate technology-related risks: coordinate risk assessments, manage agreed actions, and monitor the status of risks on an ongoing basis.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional or equivalent.
- As a security architect in an agile software development environment.
- Delivering systems and security designs, patterns and decisions at pace.
- setting service and development standards.
- Significant experience in understanding and balancing client, organisational, and technical needs and knowing how to balance these when setting strategy and direction.
- Working with APIs and microservices architecture and managing the relationships between interdependent product and platform teams.
- Working in the public sector with senior stakeholders.
- Building complex services in code.
- Working in a culture of continuous code release.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of security and system architectures; the relevant technologies, tools and platforms, best modern practice; industry trends and risks.
- Deep knowledge of modern technology security practices around services, infrastructure, hosting and platforms.
- Deep knowledge of and commitment to open-source technology.
- Deep knowledge of modern software and software development practice, including the various options around self-built, low-code and outsourced services.
- A deep applied knowledge of agile ways of working.
- Knowledge of devops practice and culture and associated practices like continuous deployment and testing, test-driven development and pair programming.
- Knowledge of cross-government procurement frameworks and processes.
- Knowledge of cross-government platforms like GOV.UK Pay and Notify.
- Knowledge of the environmental footprint of technology, and a commitment to lower it.
- Ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical outcomes, people and tools; able to turn business outcomes into technical design.
- Ability to review a service or services and identify the risks and vulnerabilities associated with it; ability to plan to mitigate these, to recommend and see through changes.
- Ability to design secure systems to meet specific needs; ability to understand trade-offs in technical choices, and work with others to build whole systems.
- Ability to make and justify complex and high-impact technical decisions, clearly explaining reasoning.
- Ability to strongly influence technology strategy, design patterns, policies and behaviour, role modelling each yourself.
- Ability to understand and act on technology trends and movements sensibly.
- Ability to keep commercial considerations in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Ability to manage high stakeholder expectations and explain the trade-offs between security and accessibility, always making sure services are user-centred.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Cyber Security Architect – Secure Architecture
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.