- Pay Rate:
£280.29 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
KINGSTON UPON THAMES,
Need a Building Compliance Manager to work closely with the FM Contractor to ensure all building compliance activities are delivered and RBK premises and occupants are kept safe. The post holder will review and approve work orders and provide technical expertise to the team. They will provide regular reporting to SLT on compliance status of RBK property portfolio. Candidates must have significant, proven experience of working in a very similar role for a sustained period. This is not a generalist FM role
- Develop and deliver an effective compliance strategy that delivers safety, quality and value for money, and support the optimisation of approved budgets for compliance and ensure timescales are met for rectification of any non-compliances
- Support the culture of health and safety and act as an expert to support the hard and soft services teams in the safe delivery and management of premises, assisting in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Provide an accurate reporting regime for all aspects of compliance across the FM function, reporting to the Corporate Head of Operations and across the Council on current risk and compliance performance of assets and highlight areas of concern
- Ensure that current risk and compliance performance is managed effectively, and any areas of concern are escalated and addressed in a timely and appropriate manner, managing and prioritising the compliance budget and programme of work
- Liaise with and give advice and guidance on the preparation of compliance plans in conjunction with colleagues and the wider Health & Safety function, coordinating and managing delivery of compliance activities across the Council
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Demonstrate extensive specialist knowledge and proven experience in compliance, including hard and soft FM
- Possess some knowledge of the broader corporate landlord agenda and national/regional/local priorities around estate management, sustainability and asset utilisation
- Have strong knowledge of property legislation and its strategic application, as well as some project management experience
- Have knowledge of business cases and ability to input into and contribute to FM initiatives from a compliance perspective
- Skills & Abilities:
- Have strong leadership skills, modelling a performance culture and constructively building achievement, confidence and skills in others
- Ability to apply commercial judgement to make decisions that will deliver cost efficient and effective results for Kingston Council and the Kingston community
- An ability to understand and respond to the evolving economic and social environment within which Kingston Council operates
- Demonstrate a high level of innovation and creativity
- Work successfully with key stakeholders including Members, residents, businesses, communities, partner organisations and other public services
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.