- Pay Rate:
£21.43 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Kennington, London,
Interim Community Works HIA Surveyor
Job Ref: Lambeth RQ622298
May be required to attend evening committee meetings and work weekends
To deliver and monitor of a ‘Community Works’ HIA major repairs, contributing to the efficient performance of the service, and to the achievement of statutory and local targets.
The post holder will carry out inspections relating to property standards, adaptations and service requests to ensure that the proper and relevant national and local standards are in place enforcing provision of legislation relating to private sector housing and public health issues. They will support execution of a range of building works (typically £2k – £25k value) including remedying disrepair, works in default and disability adaptations to properties from survey through to completion.
- Maintain a personal case load in respect of home improvement agency work and/or environmental health (housing standards) enforcement.
- Undertake detailed surveys, prepare scaled drawings, statutory notices, estimates, specifications of work, costings and reports on conditions involving a range of residential property types.
- Access the feasibility of disability adaptations requested by the Occupational Therapy Service and liaise with clients and Occupational Therapists and other relevant parties.
- Undertake analysis of returned tenders for works, and recommend acceptance, supervise works on site, deal with any technical queries, issue contract instructions and minor variation orders, ensure adherence to specifications and appropriate standards, and target timescales to ensure client satisfaction
- Liaise with contractors, landlords and their agents; ensuring that work is satisfactorily completed to specifications and to ensure proper standards of workmanship.
- Certify the completion of contracts, calculating costs, variations and client contributions and recommend approval of interim and final payments in respect of works, to ensure that works are satisfactorily completed and ensuring value for money
- Monitor contractor performance to ensure that they meet required quality standards.
- Attend court, public enquiries and tribunals, preparing and presenting evidence.
- Inspect pre and/or post repair work of a technical nature, as required and interview tenants and leaseholders regarding repairs.
- Carry out environmental and general estate inspections and specify works as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Holds degree level qualification, relevant professional qualifications or has equivalent substantial demonstrable experience at a managerial level.
- Post graduate level qualification or evidence of continued professional development to this level.
- Knowledge of buildings maintenance and surveying.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of contract management.
- Sustained construction related experience
- Clear knowledge of current issues affecting ALMOs, local authorities and social housing.
- Experience of report writing and presenting performance related information in a simple and easy to understand way.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Community Works HIA Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.