- Pay Rate:
£355.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Interim Commissioning Specialist - Learning Disabilities
Job Ref: 5208820
Basic DBS required for this role
This post will primarily be responsible for the review of the Learning Disabilities and Autism Framework for registered community based support. As part of this work the post will proactively engage with the care market to ensure that there is ongoing capacity to meet identified need whilst the review takes place. This post will also support the ongoing work of the government mandated cost of care exercise to support the understanding of the true cost of care in the care market for learning disabilities and autism
- To ensure commissioned services are delivered to meet the priorities for improving the health and well-being of vulnerable adults, young people in transition to adulthood and their carer’s. This will involve working with key partners, including the NHS, to identify local service development and opportunities for joint working.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of service commissioning plans to deliver the Council’s strategic objectives, which are effective, and customer focused.
- To lead, motivate and manage staff to deliver a high quality, flexible and responsive service to internal and external customers.
- To provide effective oversight and co-ordination to drive service improvement and ensure the commissioning programme delivers on time and within budget
- Represent the service unit and the Council in multi-agency forums, working parties, local and regional bodies to contribute to the exchange of information and the promotion of best practice/’practice excellence’ developments
- To ensure effective budget monitoring arrangements are in place within the team and that timely corrective action is taken to deal with any variances and eventualities that arise.
- To work closely with partners including public health leads to contribute to the planning and delivery of commissioning priorities alongside the business planning process for the service unit and ASC directorate.
- To establish and maintain project management arrangements for the delivery of the commissioning work programme across the service area, taking responsibility for ensuring project delivery.
- To ensure that the team pursue the highest standards of service, ensuring full compliance with all relevant Care Act requirements the Council’s procurement, contract and finance standards to secure best value services.
- Ensure full compliance with the Council’s systems including finance, procurement and legal governance, risk management, performance monitoring, information governance and staff performance management
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and skills across a range of these specialist areas
- Significant experience of adult social care commissioning including expertise in a number of specialist areas
- Experience of developing service user and stakeholder involvement in the commissioning and delivery of services to implement and deliver strategic service outcomes
- Ability to carry out work of a complex nature across a range of specialist areas including Learning Disabilities, Housing Related Support and Transitions and any other specialist areas as may be required
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Commissioning Specialist - Learning Disabilities
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.