- Pay Rate:
£300 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, three days a week
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Bradford, Yorkshire,
Interim Commissioning and Contracts Officer
Reference no: Bradford 5220072
Pay Rate: £300 per day PAYE
A Commissioning and Contracts Officer is required to support the Strategic Commissioning Manager and Commissioning Managers in their responsibility for leading on the development and implementation of commissioning across children’s Services. Using a range of project management approaches to deliver pieces of Commissioning work at a Principal Officer level.
- Work in a project led basis to support commissioning activities from needs assessment to implementation in a timely and effective manner, including development of service specifications and other procurement documentation.
- Undertake activities for the delivery of commissioning and procurement across a service area / area within Children’s Services including comprehensive service specifications and performance management arrangements
- Provide expertise and guidance on the commissioning process to colleagues in the Children’s Services Directorate.
- Draft reports and take through the appropriate decision and governance arrangements.
- Work effectively with the Procurement Team to undertake tender processes, including agreeing evaluation panels and award criteria.
- Involve children and young people, their carers and other stakeholders in commissioning and procurement.
- Develop impact indicators for services and performance management approaches through close working with colleagues.
- Undertake routine investigations, checks and monitoring of quality standards in respect of the work carried out by providers as part of Contracts and service level agreements for high-risk contracts.
- Maintain a due regard for equalities consideration throughout the commissioning process and to draft associated equalities impact reports for decision makers.
- Deputise for Commissioning Manager as appropriate.
- Champion transparency and fair processes in commissioning and actively challenge poor standards.
- Participate in and provide training and development activities as necessary to ensure up to date knowledge and skills.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of analysing information for meaning, quality and implication and drafting reports for commissioning of services.
- Experience of delivering project support as part of an end-to-end commissioning process.
- Experience of working in a project-led environment and using appropriate project techniques.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment and forging productive working relationships with partners.
- Experience of suggesting and implementing creative and innovative solutions to routine problems.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a role which includes a significant level of Commissioning activities.
- Knows the costs for products and services within own area of responsibility
- Knows and understands how to analyse, interpret and present complex information from a variety of sources
- Understands the relevant market of providers to ensure effective services can be commissioned and ability to collect and collate information on service failures to inform developments
- Knowledge of a range of commissioning approaches and suitable project management tools to be utilised.
- Understands and applies health and safety working practices, including risk in own area of work and or across other areas of work.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to form positive relationships.
- Able to use a wide range of basic computer applications.
- The ability to develop information for cost benefit analyses which support effective decision making.
- Able to develop constructive working relationships with colleagues, including a range of stakeholders, senior managers and leaders that support their engagement in the commissioning process.
- Research skills to identify local, regional, and national best practice and its utility.
- The ability to analyse information for meaning, quality and implication and develop draft reports based on this information.
- Ability to use this information to draft appropriate briefings both written and verbal to a range of audiences.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Commissioning and Contracts Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.