- Pay Rate:
£24.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Penge, London,
Interim Civilian Investigator x10
Reference no: MPS 0006 8697 / 1
Pay Rate: £24.01 per hour PAYE (plus 36 days paid holiday)
MV/SC Clearance required
The post will be subject to a DPS Health Check
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC/SC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
The client requires Civilian Investigators to review historic and recent DPS investigations where Police Officers or members of Police Staff are alleged to have been involved in committing offences.
Duties to include writing Briefing Notes and reports which may be reviewed by NPCC Officers and senior stakeholders and may also involve reinvestigating some cases as directed by the SIO.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Have previous investigative experience.
- Have previous, recent experience of working in a public protection environment.
- Previous experience in dealing with complaints and misconduct.
- Understanding of Police Conduct Regulations, Police Reform Act, Police (Complaints and Misconduct) Regulations and Police (Performance) Regulations.
- Have a flexible attitude to work with the ability to prioritise.
- Have sound report writing/written skills.
- Must be IT literate and have a good command and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Management Vetting & Security Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Civilian Investigator x10
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.