- Pay Rate:
£24.96 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Wembley, London,
Interim Childcare Lawyer – Legal Services
Reference no: Brent 5241269
Pay Rate: £24.96 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Wembley, London
Standard DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist legal advice and assistance on all issues arising within the post holder’s area of responsibility. Provide legal advice and assistance on all aspects of Social Services law.
- Personally conduct advocacy on behalf of the Council and instruct counsel as appropriate.
- Approve or amend legal aspects of reports to be submitted to members requiring decisions and attend committee and other meetings to give legal advice as necessary.
- Provide proactive legal advice and assistance to meet the needs of members and officers and assist with client liaison.
- Contribute towards the running of the team and Legal Services.
- Actively contribute to developing policies and good practice.
- Provide cover as necessary for other areas within Legal Services as a whole and to deputise for Senior Lawyers as required.
- Support with strategic and corporate legal work.
- Deal with individual case work and prepare associated documentation.
- Advise on disputes with third parties on behalf of the council.
- Advise on the council’s powers and ensure the legality of the council’s decision making.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Admitted solicitor or qualified barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant post qualification experience in the legal profession
- Relevant experience in the legal profession (preferably within the last 2 years) handling at least within Children’s Social Care, Community Care, Mental Health or Human Rights.
- Experience of contributing to corporate decision making and development of corporate policy and strategy.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to personally handle with minimum supervision all matters within the postholders area of responsibility and to carry a heavy caseload of criminal litigation work.
- Ability to assist with the development of policy.
- Good presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
- Ability to give clear and proactive legal advice in a manner which supports clients in achieving their organisational objectives.
- Ability to prepare cases for hearings.
- Ability to appear as an advocate.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate evidence, solve problems and present solutions at an appropriate level.
- Ability to provide advice and present arguments in a confident, articulate and persuasive manner.
- Ability to prepare and advise on the preparation of reports to members and officers, to present reports to senior officers and members and to advise on clients’ decision making processes.
- Ability to prepare or advise on the preparation of reports to Committee in respect of legal procedural or policy matters.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Childcare Lawyer – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.