- Pay Rate:
Up to £333.00 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- West Brompton, London,
Interim Change Support Officer - Counter Terrorism
Reference no: MPS 0006 2BDB / 1
SC clearance required for this role
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC/SC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
As a Change Support officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management and application of the Business Change framework, tools and methodology to change across the national CTP Network.
Working across CTPHQ, the Change Support Officer will be responsible for providing support to the HQ Change Manager in the day to day coordination, management and implementation of change affecting these areas.
- Implementation of national CT change projects. Specifically, assisting the Change Manager in facilitating the assessment of the impact of change on HQ staff, managing local readiness plans and ensuring staff are engaged and understand the change affecting them.
- Delivery of changes within the national CT Change Portfolio categorised as ‘Regionally Delivered’, i.e. centrally defined but delivered by resources within CTP business teams. Specifically, the Change Support Officer will be responsible for maintaining specific project management products developed by the Change Manager, e.g. project plans, risk and issue registers, and provision of status reports.
- Implementation of Transformation Programmes that impact on CTPHQ. Specifically the Change Manager and Change Support Officer will provide support to the senior officers fulfilling the role of ‘Local Change Manager’.
- Support the Change Manager to deliver change in line with time, cost and quality requirements and in accordance with project milestones, taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure local implementation of projects is kept on track.
- Support the Regional Change Manager to ensure project management adheres to Portfolio standards, as directed by the Portfolio Management Office.
- Maintain project management products, according to relevant PPM standards, including plans, risk register and action logs, and provide status reports and/or tasking updates as required.
- Work with CT project/programme teams as required, and with functional SMEs for implementation of national CT projects.
- Ensure change is managed within the approved governance and ensure timely decision making.
- Support the Change Manager to identify and engage with local stakeholders to ensure their commitment to successful delivery of the change, including organising meetings, forums and workshops as required.
- Provide resilience to the two Band D Portfolio Support Officers working within the wider Portfolio Operations team in times of high demand.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Change Management: Foundation.
- PRINCE2: Foundation (or recognised industry equivalent qualification) – Desirable
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of CT Policing is desirable.
- Experience of working within a project environment is desirable.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is essential.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that reporting and change control products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Shows initiative, drive, intellect, personal resilience and motivation to deliver a quality service.
- Manages own time and relevant resources efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work flexibly and re-prioritise as necessary.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum SC Clearance. Candidates must hold or be prepared to undergo National Security Vetting Security Check (enhanced) SCe level, with a willingness to undergo Developed Vetting (DV) once in post, if required.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Change Support Officer - Counter Terrorism (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.