- Pay Rate:
£25.37 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Interim Category Manager – Procurement
Reference no: AFC 5208927
Basic DBS disclosure required
This role is home based.
The candidate should be able to work with minimum supervision, be reliable and honest. They should be experienced in carrying out full tender process including the development of tender documentation, evaluation, negotiation and supplier management.
The organisation are currently in the process of acquiring a new finance system, and as such the candidate will also be required to support with developing new process and procedures to support the change.
They must have digital skills and be able to easily navigate computer systems once training is provided.
Provide the lead responsibility for strategic commercial procurement on a wide range of large scale spend categories across the organisation and supporting with changing the approach to procurement at all levels of the organisation, including maximising efficiencies and ensuring effective systems are in place to enable resources to be redirected to support the children, young people and families who are supported.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Member of or working towards a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualification (CIPS)
- Educated to A-Level standard as a minimum
- Experience across procurement and/or supply chain management within a complex organisation.
- Negotiation experience across a range of goods and services.
- Managing tenders within agreed operating and reporting timeframes and to set procedures.
- Working cross functionally, demonstrating collaborative and engagement skills and experience
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of procurement legislation EU/UK and supplier and contract management.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to grasp new procedures quickly.
- High professional standards and interpersonal behaviour.
- Ability to build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Proven ability to provide advice and guidance on all complex procurement matters.
- Ability to develop and apply a procurement strategy
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Category Manager – Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.