- Pay Rate:
£27.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Full Job Title: Interim Capital Project Manager – Property Development
Reference no: Brent 5208759
Basic DBS Disclosure required
Hybrid role with minimum 1 day per week in the office.
A Capital Project Manager is required to deliver a multi-million pound mixed use development consisting of housing, leisure, workspace and community spaces. The scheme is part of a wider regeneration project with a neighbouring developer leading on the planning application and land agreements, etc. Candidates to have experience of delivering a mixed use, regeneration scheme (£50m+) involving extensive consultation and engagement with stakeholders. They should be able to manage a multidisciplinary team of consultants to deliver the scheme.
- Deliver multiple major capital projects on time and on budget simultaneously and within a challenging programme
- Advise and support the Capital Programme Manager in the role of project sponsor.
- Provide advice and guidance to Project Boards as appropriate to ensure the Council discharges its statutory duties in regard to providing sufficient school places.
- Lead and coordinate the procurement process including preparation of key documentation and evaluation of bids.
- Ensure the effective engagement of all end users and stakeholders including Councillors and residents, as appropriate to the project.
- Secure funding and approval to deliver projects from any and all necessary bodies. Ensure appropriate claims and project monitoring in appropriate capital project management background formation is provided in a timely manner.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant professional qualification – Prince 2 Practitioner, APMP, RICS or relevant experience/other professional qualification
- Evidence of significant relevant CPD.
- In depth knowledge of project management techniques, including governance, dependency management, risk management and financial management
- Track record of achievement at a management level in a similarly large and complex organisation including:
- Experience of successfully leading and delivering large capital projects to time and to budget.
- Experience working with the construction sector, particularly within the Educational and housing building areas.
- Successful experience of managing significant budgets and achieving successful construction outcomes within allocated resources.
- Specific Skills required:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to undertake project planning over the short, medium and long term, incorporating a detailed critical path, milestones and positive cash flows.
- Ability to be effective in working with professionals from other disciplines and brokering discussions, when required on measures that will overcome barriers to project delivery.
- Strong listening skills; ability to capture and manage knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present information clearly and accurately.
- Good market awareness.
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently to make decisions required for project delivery within a governance framework.
- Ability to support the Project Sponsor and the Project Board by identifying key issues and recommending appropriate courses of action.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Capital Project Manager – Property Development
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.