- Pay Rate:
£320.33 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Interim Capital Programme Project Manager
Reference no: Newham RQ487090
The Team is seeking a strong applicant to fill this project manager role and manage a programme of major housing Capital and improvement projects, of up to around £5 million p.a., in value, from identification through to completion, including development, planning, briefing, co-ordination, monitoring and control, usually within a ‘partnering’ relationship, so as to secure effective outcomes which meet the Team’s objectives.
- Lead the project teams ensuring all members surpass their role and obligations as set out in any SLA or contractual agreement.
- Critically analyse data produced by the project team members to obtain qualified justifications for any proposed works and their associated costs whilst ensuring records are appropriately kept of the complete process.
- Ensure the project team carry out project feasibilities and appraisals using suitable techniques to ensure the options provided clearly justify the reason for the works their costs and the impact on both the council and leaseholders.
- Manage the development of collaborative working with chosen contractors and strategic alliance partners, co-ordinating and integrating essential activities such as supply chain management, specification development, and consultation with residents. To develop project specific briefs to ensure all projects meet Newham Council’s’ objectives and comply with the contractual terms of any agreement to ensure best value in cost, performance, quality and future maintenance.
- Ensure the project team adopts and undertakes the RIBA Planned Work approach when consulting with residents and other stakeholders throughout the life of the project from the development of initial feasibilities and final proposals, through the design stage and the execution of work, to final feedback and assessment of satisfaction with the project outcome.
- Interface and manage the relationship between residents, the contractor and the consultant to ensure all team members and other stakeholders engage with residents as necessary so the project teams meet Newham Council’s objective of maximising consultation and reducing complaints .
- Convene, chair project team meetings in accordance with agreed project programmes and to monitor, record and report all aspects of project progress and to respond to questions from residents, members and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and manage the project as a whole, so as to ensure the project team meet the project aims and objectives regarding delivery, on time and to budget and to the necessary quality, by using their knowledge and skills in the field of construction and financial control.
- Critically analyse and evaluate performance and financial data on projects, contractors, consultants and the overall capital programme and in turn using the analysed data and your evaluation of the data to manage contractors and consultants performance against agreed targets. Challenging data where appropriate,
- Manage the project team such that the council complies with its legal obligations with regard to planning, building control, listed building and conservation area consent so that projects and the capital programme generally surpass its agreed timescales.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant client side project management experience and partnering experience.
- Experience of managing significant budgets.
- Experience of managing contracts as a contract administrator.
- Experience of managing and directing consultants.
- Excellent knowledge of the CDM regulations.
- Appreciation of Construction Housing Policy issues
- Excellent knowledge of construction and construction contracts.
- Good understanding of Asset management techniques with regard to social housing
- Excellent knowledge of financial modelling procedures.
- Good knowledge of financial monitoring systems and computer systems operation.
- Ability to write clear reports on financial and technical matters
- Effective presentational skills, confident with large and potentially difficult audiences
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.