- Pay Rate:
£20.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- LAMBETH, LONDON,
Interim Business Support Officer
Job Ref: RQ610805
Analysis of financial data sets (audit). To carry out analysis of financial transactions, comparing data to ensure that financial transactions are correctly coded. To prepare reports on findings
- To supervise a team of business support officers to provide high quality administrative services across the service. To provide appropriate supervision (to include PADS and Annual leave) and guidance to staff to ensure that work is undertaken and completed to a high standard and in line with Recording Procedures and concurrent Data Protection Act(s) and that staff are appropriately supported and trained to undertake the work required.
- To manage finance within authorised limits and to comply with financial regulations. This includes taking responsibility for statutory, banking IPROC, section 17 cash and PHSBC transactions & authorisations for all purchases made using the credit card and taking personal responsibility for the safe use of this card at all times, with a single transaction limit of £500 and monthly credit limit £2500 to track all purchases and provide an account of all receipts. To arrange for cheque payments as appropriate. Authorising agency staff expenses on a weekly basis as appropriate for own team and signing timesheets. Safe-keeping of petty cash collections up to £100.00. Authorisation of travel warrants for staff. And any other administrative financial requests as deemed appropriate to the grade.
- To ensure that all Service Meetings are recorded and minutes are distributed within 10 days and to keep up to date information systems on the performance of the service in these areas and the timely recording of this.
- To communicate either face to face by letter or telephone with service users and the multi-agency network to ensure that enquiries are responded to in a timely way and meetings set up or communications followed through to outcome.
- To liaise with a range of external agencies and internal divisions and departments in order to set up meetings, or contact arrangements and book rooms for staff as requested.
- To provide statistical information to Team as required and in accordance with good record keeping and to liaise with Performance Team, other internal divisions and departments.
- Ensure maintenance of all records and systems ensuring that accurate and appropriate information is available to Managers when required.
- To minute meetings as required.
- To delegate responsibilities to business support staff in accordance with their role and function and over see that the work is completed to a high standard.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection procedures for other staff as required by the Service and liaise with partner agencies’ personnel departments.
- To record and report team sickness and annual leave in line with departmental policy
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to A level or degree standard or to have significant commensurate experience
- Good all round knowledge of IT
- Extensive experience in an administrative capacity in context of client data and financial data
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, managing and prioritising workload, able to accept and manage changes to circumstances and priorities
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Business Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.