- Pay Rate:
£250.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Interim Business Process Analyst – Corporate Programme Team
Reference no: Thurrock RQ646868
The Transformation Design function provides the bridge between the CPT service and the client delivering solutions that are fit for their intended purpose and which provide excellent value for money.
The senior business analyst role performs non routine work and is tasked with identifying and shaping necessary change to bring about efficiencies, savings and transformation of public service delivery to Thurrock.
Specifically the post holder will:
- Liaise with service areas to identify opportunities for improvement, and strategic service issues to be addressed.
- Develop business cases to inform decision-making and generate supporting proposals.
- Identify new technologies and their application for the benefit of the client and its stakeholders.
Key service-related accountabilities:
- Accountable for the development of business cases for transformational change, including options and a recommended way forward, enabling the council to select appropriate projects to progress.
- Accountable for planning the business analysis effort on projects, in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for shaping and the handover of well-defined projects (including scope and governance) to project managers and their delivery teams.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for services to provide best-value.
- Responsible for identifying new technologies which may be of benefit to the client and for working with the council services to determine potential applications for the technology.
- Responsible for the performance of business analysis tasks, as required, on projects (e.g. gap analysis, root-cause analysis, requirements gathering).
- Contribute as required to process analysis and re-engineering efforts.
- Contribute to the development of benefits management plans and work with the service areas to help them realise the benefits.
- Contribute as required to Client Service Plans and the ICT Strategy..
- Contribute to the development of the CPT pipeline based on Service Plan requirements.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Business Case development
- Requirements management
- Working with Project Managers
- Business transformation
- Business process re-engineering - desirable
- Supplier management - desirable
- Business whitepaper development - desirable
- Benefits management - desirable
- Special Knowledge:
- Business Analysis tools & techniques
- Understanding of public sector organisations
- ICT strategy & road-mapping - desirable
- Cost-benefit analysis - desirable
- Client service planning - desirable
- Local authority technology trends - desirable
- Skills & Abilities:
- Stakeholder interaction & management
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Communication – written and oral
- Planning & time management
- At least two desirable skills
- Creativity & innovation - desirable
- Research - desirable
- Commercial focus - desirable
- Systems thinking - desirable
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Business Process Analyst – Corporate Programme Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.