- Pay Rate:
£35.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Interim Business Improvement & Implementation Lead
Job Ref: RQ614940
The post holder will be responsible for investigating, understanding and analysing customer needs and business requirements across the Council and working collaboratively with services and service users to develop new customer journeys and redesign our services
- Lead improvement and/or design activity, optimising any opportunities to share ways of working across business areas and functions, ensuring delivery of measurable benefits. This will include engaging with Business Leads and Project Sponsors to evaluate and agree scope of work, resource commitment and accountability along with expected project outcomes and goals.
- Scope out and propose change to care, support and person-centred pathways to improve quality and impact, defining policies and procedures. This includes designing culturally responsive support and services that have the best chance of improving outcomes and experiences for a diverse group of people in the community and the organisation.
- Collaborate with teams of staff, motivating and encouraging them to review their working practices and how they deliver services and/or support that are also culturally appropriate.
- Assess and evaluate how the business is currently operating to inform service or support redesign, producing information and insight to help the business understand and prioritise areas of focus based on measurable impact.
- Conduct root cause or problem-solving analysis to identify constraints or design principles that need to be factored into new ways of working. Use data to identify inequities and their root causes to inform decisions.
- Facilitate workshops to nurture or establish collaborative working practices that focus on end-to-end understanding.
- Share specialist knowledge and transfer skills through facilitating and leading a range of activities including workshops, mentoring and coaching. Provide constructive challenge through design reviews.
- Throughout the project, coach and facilitate new ways of working with the subject matter experts from across the impacted business areas, ensuring that interest, drive, and engagement are maintained throughout. Assemble, coach, develop and support a Business Improvement team throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Design and document new ways of working using a collaborative approach. Gain approval and sign off from all accountable stakeholders.
- Play an active part in the service transition of user-centric projects, including running pilots and ensuring that the solution can be operated and owned by the service
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Hold a degree-level qualification or demonstrable work-based experience that evidences an equivalent level of attainment and competence in related design, project, change or improvement disciplines
- Clear understanding of inequities, how they affect different sections of the community, and the role that business improvement can play in supporting better equality, diversity, and inclusion outcomes
- Experience of working in a similar role and can demonstrate an understanding of service design in a public sector setting
- Leadership or management experience of multifunctional projects, service areas or managing multiple parties including project managers, internal and external service providers on high profile and innovative solutions
- Strong influencing skills, presenting information and arguments to improve understanding, and influence outcomes through engagement and support
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas
- Ability to work with sensitive data in a confidential environment
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Business Improvement & Implementation Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.