- Pay Rate:
£35 per hour, PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Islington, London,
Interim Business Improvement and Implementation Lead– Children Services
Reference no: Islington RQ681684
Pay rate: £35 per hour, PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The post-holder will be a member of the Strategic Programmes and Strategy service, responsible for end-to-end delivery of strategic projects that bring about positive change for the children, young people and adults that the Council supports.
- Lead improvement and/or design activity, optimising any opportunities to share ways of working across business areas and functions.
- Scope out and propose change to care, support and person-centred pathways
- Assess and evaluate how the business or system is currently operating to inform design or redesign to prioritise areas of focus based on measurable impact.
- Conduct root cause or problem-solving analysis to identify constraints or design principles
- Use data to identify inequities and their root causes to inform decisions.
- Play an active part in the service transition of user-centric projects, including running pilots and ensuring that the solution can be operated and owned by the service.
- Lead and/or work closely with project and programme delivery teams during all stages of a service or system design project
- Proactively identify, scope, and prepare business cases for opportunities to improve processes
- Initiate, scope and manage the delivery of projects for identified business improvements or change
- Provide expert advice and recommendations on complex and strategic issues for the assigned business discipline
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- A degree-level qualification or demonstrable work-based experience that evidences an equivalent level of attainment and competence in related design, project, change or improvement disciplines.
- Experienced in strategy, service design and change management within the following service areas: health services (antenatal, maternity, health visitor, school nurses); early years and childcare, education, youth services, parenting support, safety and relationship support
- Proven track record in leading and delivering major change projects that improve how an organisation works and/or complex projects or programmes within a similar environment
- Experienced in using project management methodologies
- Experienced in delivering projects within complex organisations
- A clear understanding of health, local government
- Working experience involving children, young people and/or adults in the planning, development and evaluation of services or support for them.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and partners to deliver change
- Quick to digest and understand complex information
- Focussed on delivering real benefits to residents
- Keen to listen to and understand diverse voices and perspectives
- Committed to working in a respectful and tolerant way
- Strategic thinker who is able to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to build strong collaborative partnerships across the Council and with external partners.
- Politically astute and capable of negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to adverse situations whilst remaining calm, reassuring others, and maintaining performance.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrates ability to use a leadership style to work effectively with individuals and teams at all levels
- Ability to recruit, direct and prioritise resources to successfully optimise delivery
- Ability to identify key facts to make informed decisions, often in a time pressured environment.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and meet conflicting deadlines
- Ability to manage specific projects from conception to end
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Improvement Lead - Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.