- Pay Rate:
£460.15 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for up to 12 months
- West Brompton, London,
Interim Business Change Manager x 3
Reference no: MPS 0005 F478 / 1
SC vetting required for this role
Vacancies available: 2 x 6-month contracts & 1 x 12-month contract
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Business Change Leads to manage and develop the national Change Network, by providing change management support, training, guidance and assurance in order to deliver change in a way that minimises disruption to operational delivery, build capabilities and realise benefits.
The role will involve full/part-time forward deployment to assist in business change on specific programmes/projects, which may come with a requirement to travel to regional CT(I)Us across England and Wales to engage with and support the Regional Change Teams.
- Support the Business Change Lead in the day-to-day management and implementation of the business change frameworks and toolkits, ensuring change interventions are identified and addressed to help realise benefits across the national CT Network.
- Support the Business Change Lead to manage and develop the national Change Network and/or other required and agreed change mechanisms with CT operational colleagues (senior leaders and management team members who are ‘business change owners’) across the country, in order to ensure business change is understood, planned, communicated, implemented and managed effectively.
- Ensure rigorous, objective business change documents (e.g. change impact and readiness assessments, stakeholder analysis and mapping, communication and engagement plans, benefit realisation plans) are undertaken, recommending or developing interventions to mitigate any negative implications and ensuring positive impacts are identified and realised.
- Develop business change solutions or interventions to help overcome potential barriers, improve performance and ensure the smooth delivery of the programme / projects objectives.
- Effectively capture, utilise and share insight and views from a diverse range of change stakeholders to ensure better delivery and embedding.
- Consider and include in delivery approaches and mitigation planning, the cumulative impact on business areas implementing the change (culture, structure, services and morale), and escalate these trends / issues to the Business Change Lead.
- Work with Regional Change Teams to build their change management capability and to facilitate the use of consistent Business Change tools and techniques to ensure that change is managed effectively at regional level.
- Work with HR and Communications colleagues to ensure that the ‘people impacts’ of change are understood and that change messaging is aligned across the Portfolio and the network.
- Work with the Benefits Manager to ensure business change interventions are identified and addressed to help realise benefits across the national CT Portfolio.
- Work with Business Design to ensure that design is realistically deliverable from a business perspective and that the Change Network are engaged in business assurance of regional design where appropriate.
- Actively engage and coach those responsible for delivery of programmes and projects, to embed the use of Portfolio business change tools and encourage an inclusive working culture.
- Provide business change input into all governance documents including business cases, CCRs, status reports etc to ensure successful and timely programme/project delivery.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- APMG Change Management: Practitioner.
- Managing Successful Programmes: Foundation.
- Certificate in Business Analysis: Foundation.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of facilitating groups, balancing conflicting opinions, resolving disputes and building consensus as necessary.
- Experience of listening and understanding to the needs and experiences of customers and using these to develop solutions or interventions to improve performance and achieve organisational outcomes.
- Experience of business change - including planning, managing and implementing change delivered by projects/programmes/portfolios.
- Experience at supporting the management of organisational change blockers and issues to resolution.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is essential.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of CT Policing including London (MPS), National (UK Force wide) and international responsibilities
- A clear understanding of CT Policing relationships with Government, security and intelligence agencies, including legislative processes and their governance arrangements.
Skills & Abilities:
- Use information to judge business change to support effective decision-making.
- Ability to provide effective challenge to support delivery of business change management.
- Ability to support people with limited knowledge of effective business change management.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft products, especially MS Word and PowerPoint.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- SC vetting required for this role
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Business Change Manager x 3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.