- Pay Rate:
£250.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- CATFORD, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Business Analyst – IT & Digital
Job Reference: Lewisham 0006 7DF9 / 1
Pay Rate: £250.00 per day PAYE (plus 38 days paid holiday)
This role is hybrid.
To undertake specific assignments to analyse, document and manage business need and help facilitate the design of cost-effective solutions that improve business.
Deliver business analysis to support the development of business cases and in project delivery. ∙ To utilise innovative and fit for purpose evidence gathering and process improvement tools and techniques as part of as-is and future state design.
To deliver business analysis assigned to an agreed direction, timescale and budget. ∙ To work closely with stakeholders in order to ensure that their requirements are identified, considered and met.
Working from IT & Digital Services, in a matrix environment between Lewisham Homes, PMO and Insight, Transformation & OD services, you will work closely with services and the project team to support the delivery of corporate projects including transformation, service delivery, business and behaviour change projects and new ways of working.
- To undertake specific assignments to analyse, document and manage business need and help facilitate the design of cost-effective solutions that improve business
- Deliver business analysis to support the development of business cases and in project delivery.
- To utilise innovative and fit for purpose evidence gathering and process improvement tools and techniques as part of as-is and future state design.
- To deliver business analysis assigned to an agreed direction, timescale and budget. ∙ To work closely with stakeholders in order to ensure that their requirements are identified, considered and met.
- Working from IT & Digital Services, in a matrix environment between Housing Services, PMO and Insight, Transformation & OD services, you will work closely with services and the project team to support the delivery of corporate projects including transformation, service delivery, business To take responsibility for articulating problems and solutions in ways understood by all stakeholders - business and technical.
- To plan and facilitate workshops and discussions to effectively understand business problems and achieve shared understanding of business needs.
- To identify and establish effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders to ensure appropriate, sustained business and technical input into projects
- To collect and analyse data to inform decisions on service improvement
- To document functional and non-functional requirements/technical and functional user stories clearly and unambiguously in terms that that understood by business and technical stakeholders.
- To produce and/or contribute to a range of other analysis outputs including; business process mapping, storyboards, context diagrams, business cases, gap analysis, project feasibility studies, benefits realization plans, test plans, and business readiness plans.
- To work as part of a scrum team, when applicable, and support the team in delivery and promote and encourage agile behaviours with all stakeholders
- To liaise with business users, 3rd party suppliers and internal technical teams to ensure that change requests are well documented
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience
- Solid Business Analyst experience within a Local Authority / Public Sector environment.
- Evidence / experience of applying and identifying options and solutions for material business change through enterprise architecture at pace.
- Experience of modelling organisational strategies through capability or process maps. ∙ Experience of co-ordinating others to successfully deliver to specified outcomes. ∙ Experience of personally managing the provisioning of Business analysis solutions to successful outcomes.
- Experience of working on own initiative and as an effective team member.
- Experience of establishing effective and productive working relationships with senior managers and other key stakeholders.
- Experience of communicating with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a Public Sector environment
- Experience of using appropriate software to manage projects such as Vision, Projects, Lucidchart or equivalent.
- Understanding of the issues facing the management of a public sector organisation ∙ Knowledge of the principles of financial management and control
- Good working knowledge of the principles of business analysis and design
- Business process improvement and identifying options for business usability and efficiency. ∙ Excellent knowledge of the change lifecycle and a robust understanding of business change. ∙ Basic knowledge of agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Ability to interpret service quality and continuous improvement.
- A structured and analytical (but not theoretical) approach to problem-solving.
- Gathering and understanding requirements from the business and incorporating this into strategic roadmaps.
- Ability to both manage and support while maintaining high levels of accountability throughout the organisation.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Ability and confidence to liaise and work closely with stakeholders, at all levels, and external suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be confident to work at all levels across an organisation to deliver presentations and recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen and understand the needs of the client or customer and be able to deliver appropriate and innovative solutions.
- ICT Skills: Good computer skills including proficient use of databases.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Business Analyst – IT & Digital
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.