- Pay Rate:
Up to £449.92 per day PAYE, depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- West Brompton, London,
Interim Benefits Manager – Counter Terrorism
Reference no: MPS 0006 79D7 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £449.92 per day PAYE, depending on experience TBC (plus 36 days paid holiday).
Hybrid - Days TBC
SC Clearance required
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC/SC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
Working within the CTPHQ Change Pillar and PfMO, the Benefits Manager will manage the day-to-day application of the benefits management framework, approach, standards, and processes to ensure identification and realisation of financial and non-financial benefits from the CTP Change portfolio. The purpose of this role is also to support the effective management of benefits at project, programme, and portfolio level.
- Provide support to projects or programmes to apply portfolio standards in benefits management, including facilitation of workshops and internal upskilling.
- Work with portfolio and external stakeholders to develop the tools, templates, and guidance for benefits management at project, programme and portfolio levels under the prioritisation and direction of the Portfolio Benefits Realisation Lead.
- Day-to-day coordination of benefits management across the national and London CT & PS portfolios, and ensuring that all benefits are identified, logged, and monitored, identifying trends / patterns to the Benefits Lead.
- Prepare and ensure accurate reporting of benefits tracking and realisation to the CT Portfolio Board, SROs, PROs, Head of Project and Programmes and relevant governance.
- Track and monitor programme/project level benefits for programmes/projects where required (i.e., the programme/project does not have the capacity to do this).
- Ensure that key portfolio and programme level benefit identification and realisation is effectively communicated to the Portfolio Benefits Realisation Lead and appropriate governance forums, including escalating any concerns / risks / issues to their management and / or realisation.
- Support the development, maintenance and implementation of the benefits management approach, framework, and processes to ensure financial and non-financial benefits are being delivered to support the CT Portfolio Board, Programme SROs, and Project Execs.
- Support the Benefits Lead to manage ongoing reviews and development of project and programme benefit processes and templates to ensure they are current.
- Helping create required benefits tools and products, including maps and tables, and be responsible for ensuring these are reviewed within programmes and projects on a regular basis.
- Ensure that consistent benefits management standards and approach set by the Benefits Lead are adhered to across the CT & PS change portfolios at all levels, working with Project and Programme PMOs to achieve this.
- Establishing, managing, and supporting benefits mapping and realisation planning, including assisting the Benefits Lead in developing a comprehensive picture of inputs, outputs, capabilities and outcomes and the business change required to enable the delivery of benefits.
- Provide benefits management expertise to projects and programmes, acting as a ‘critical friend’, ensuring they are effectively planning and tracking benefits identification and realisation (cashable, non-cashable and operational).
- Provide support and quality assurance of business cases in relation to the identification, quantification, and planning realisation of benefits.
- Support the Benefits Lead with the post project benefits evaluation process with the Programme Manager and / or Senior Project Manager on delivery of each project.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Managing Benefits: Practitioner (or training / qualifications related to Benefits Management, such as ISEB Certificate in Benefits Management and Business Assurance or related Business Analysis training).
- Prince2/ Prince2 Agile: Foundation.
- Management of Portfolios: Foundation (desirable).
- Project Planning and Control: Foundation (desirable).
- Management of Risk: Foundation (desirable).
- Managing Successful Programmes: Foundation (desirable).
- Experience of working across a variety of projects or programmes, and ability to prioritise workload and multi-task accordingly.
- Analytical experience in performance and/or finance and the ability to extract relevant information from Business Cases, presentations, and other documentation.
- Experience of facilitating groups, balancing conflicting opinions, building consensus as necessary.
- Experience of providing coaching and guidance to promote adherence to standards.
- Experience of establishing and implementing benefits management processes within a large Programme or portfolio environment (desirable).
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing (desirable).
- Understanding of the principles of benefits management and the relevant tools and techniques.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of CT Policing including its London, National and international responsibilities; including a clear understanding of CT Policing relationships to Government, security and intelligence agencies and legislative process including their governance arrangements (desirable).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels, to provide effective challenge to support delivery of benefits realisation, and support people with limited knowledge of effective benefits management.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Use information to support effective decision making, including providing a visual representation of critical information which is easily understandable at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that benefits management products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Good planning and organisational skills, and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders, both within the Change portfolio and externally.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and actively engage in implementing solutions.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative, with the ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products especially Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- SC Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Benefits Manager – Counter Terrorism
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.