- Pay Rate:
£346.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- West Brompton, London,
Interim Assurance & Standards Manager (Band C)
Job Ref: MPS 0005 B3CA / 1
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC/SC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
The Assurance & Standards Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of the Assurance Approach providing independent assurance of the Projects and Programmes to the Governance Boards. This includes ensuring that they are viable; from a leadership, quality, financial, information management, risk, governance, benefits, resource management perspective and they adhere to set standards. The post holder will support implementation of a robust and independent assurance management approach and be involved in both integrated and consequential assurance activity to deliver it.
- Assure projects and programmes apply the appropriate assurance methodology, from reviewing business cases and supporting documentation at stage gate reviews to delivering tailored health checks and deep dive reviews.
- Maintain a Portfolio wide approach to Learning Lessons and assisting project and programmes to identify lessons by ensuring alignment to the lessons learnt approach;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to maintain assurance tools and templates, update the Assurance Approach in line with best practice and deliver and facilitate training.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure Assurance and Lessons Learnt remain a key area of focus.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Management of Risk (MoR): Foundation.
- PRINCE2: Foundation.
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP): Foundation.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of undertaking assurance reviews, either in a Programme or in a significant project management delivery environment, to influence decision makers, develop solutions and improve performance or direct experience in applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2.
- Experience of applying PPM methodologies in a project, programme or portfolio environment.
- Understanding of the principles of assurance within a Project or Programme management environment, using the relevant tools and techniques.
- Experience of facilitating groups, balancing conflicting opinions, building consensus as necessary.
- Experience in the analysis and improvement of processes and/or practices.
- Experience of providing coaching and guidance to promote adherence to standards.
- Ability to provide evidence-based assessments and recommendations for improvement from the assurance of projects and programmes.
- Ability to provide effective challenge to support assurance of projects and programmes.
- Ability to support people with limited knowledge of effective assurance management within projects and programmes.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Good planning and organisational skills and ability to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing.
- Experience of working with the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA).
- Understanding and experience of the HMT Green Book.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- SC Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Assurance & Standards Manager (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.