- Pay Rate:
From £355.87 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Associate Educational Psychologist
Reference no: West Sussex RQ702178
Pay Rate: From £355.87 per day PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
An Associate Educational Psychologist is required to provide educational psychology services through advice, consultation and assessment, to the local authority and to schools and settings with children undergoing an Education Health Care Needs Assessment.
- Work in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Special Educational Needs and Intervention Business plan and the business plan of the Educational Psychology Service.
- Give support to schools including special schools, units, and special needs departments of mainstream schools, and assist in developing educational arrangements designed to promote learning and participation in education.
- Give advice to the Director(s) of Education and Skills, senior leadership team and colleagues.
- Assist and advise the Authority in meeting the requirements of Education legislation including The Children and Families Act.
- Advise the client on arrangements necessary for the support of children with special educational needs in mainstream and special schools.
- Advise on current issues related to children’s learning, behaviour and emotional wellbeing and mental health.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- An Honours Degree in Psychology or recognised equivalent qualification.
- Successfully followed a course of specific post graduate professional training as an educational psychologist.
- Recent successful training or experience as an educational psychologist.
- Knowledge of applying Psychology in practice.
- Experience of applying psychology with children and young people.
- Substantial relevant experience working with children in education or children’s services or both.
- A strong work ethic that delivers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence.
- Ability to self-reflect and evaluate performance.
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills; and
- Passion, drive, and enthusiasm to work within a strong team ethos that places wellbeing at the heart of your work.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Associate Educational Psychologist
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.