- Pay Rate:
£160.64 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11-12 months
- Southwark, London,
Interim Assistant Project Manager
Reference no: Southwark 5226320
Pay Rate: £160.64 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 11-12 months
The purpose of the role is to manage the delivery of complex capital projects for the Leisure Directorate in the Environment, Neighbourhood & Growth department. Leading on all aspects of project delivery from initiation through to completion and hand over.
- Leads on the preparation, specification, delivery and evaluation of one or more complex capital project that will have a positive effect on the borough’s leisure facilities and infrastructure, supporting the Council’s strategic goals.
- Ensures that projects are delivered in accordance with health and safety policy and legislation.
- Understands and interprets the business objectives and targets into a tangible deliverable that is sustainable after the project ends. Determines the most suitable approach to meeting business goals, including identifying, establishing and implementing the most suitable project methodology.
- Ensures that projects are delivered within budget constraints, to a high quality and within agreed timeframes. Collaborates with business managers, heads of service and directors to prioritise the work that needs to be done against capacity, time constraints and resources
- Works within a governance framework. Leading on project reporting and co-ordinating the production, management and review of all project documentation. Prepares and present reports including recommendations, for the director and project sponsors on progress linked to the delivery of all schemes under their remit.
- Works in conjunction with the Policy and Programme Manager and business managers to create a robust risk register and benefits map highlighting assumptions and dependencies, clearly and concisely.
- Monitors success criteria, setting appropriate controls. Resolves issues, manages project risks, takes remedial action, develops quality plans and applies lessons learned to improve future projects and embed best practice.
- Delivers appropriate and innovative engagement, communication and consultation with the community, internal departments and relevant project stakeholders at all stages of the project. Representing the directorate at council committees and relevant community forums.
- Ensures project proposals maintain a customer and resident oriented focus under the backdrop of council policies around equality, diversity and inclusion and the public sector equality duty. Liaises with users, other departments and external agencies to ensure projects meet the needs and aspirations of existing and potential users.
- Prepares procurement documents, awards, manages and reports on contracts in accordance with the council’s procurement and approvals procedures. Monitors contracts against a range of performance indicators ensuring contract conditions are met.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Agile Methodology, PRINCE2 certified or equivalent recognised project management qualification or have a minimum of three years’ experience, at a senior level in construction project management.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience working, through the full project life cycle from inception to completion
- Experience of devising ways of solving complex problems relating to the project delivery to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience of financial management, including budget planning, cash flow monitoring and forecasting
- Experience of producing project management documentation, finance reports and risk management strategies for senior managers
- Experience in building strong and sustaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience of using software applications for analysis reporting and presentation.
- Understanding of local government project delivery in the context of neighbourhood renewal and regeneration.
- Knowledge of best practice in the application of project management and risk management processes and tools
- Understanding of local government procurement rules and procedures.
- Understanding of standard forms of contract used in construction industry.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organise and prioritise large volumes of work to achieve results.
- Ability to present information to the public, business, external agencies, colleagues and Councillors in a way which is easily understood and wins support.
- Ability to identify excellence in design and ensure that high quality design proposals are produced for capital schemes.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences using a variety of communication methods.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Assistant Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.