- Pay Rate:
£32.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Assistant Pollution Officer
Job Ref: 5204966
To assist other team members in the carrying out of PRT workplans in all areas of work, namely air quality and land contamination
- To carry out contaminated land search enquiries using GIS and historical maps.
To assist with air quality audits in schools identifying measures that could be introduced to improve air quality and help take these forward
- To review planning applications to see the identify the impacts may have on air quality or land.
- To work with others to implement and update the Council’s Air Quality and Climate Change Action Plan.
- To assist with the handling of enquiries relating to air quality and contaminated land.
- To assist with site identification, prioritisation and the inspection process of potentially contaminated sites, and to assist in the implementation of the Council’s contaminated land remediation strategy.
- To monitor the progress of remediation works on site, and to provide guidance to contractors with regard to the Council’s requirements.
- To help in developing the team’s web site as a showcase for air quality, and contaminated land.
- To cooperate with other members of the team to ensure that departmental work plans are achieved including budgetary control objectives, the introduction of the Acolaid information system, the adoption of quality management procedures, and the implementation of flexible working practices
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Science degree or equivalent
- Previous employment experience (e.g. vacation work, student placement)
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and explain relevant scientific concepts using simple terminology
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Assistant Pollution Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.