- Pay Rate:
Up to £24.19 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Interim Assistant HR Business Partner x3 – Human Resources
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5214211
Reporting to and partnering with the HR Business Partners to lead, engage and develop their people through coaching, best practice sharing and implementing best people practices and processes in all types of HR advice and support to our managers. The Assistant HRBP will be a key player in the provision of a seamless, customer focussed and pro-active HR service by understanding the business challenges as well as delivering an outstanding HR service to support improvements across the board.
To support the development of a centre for excellence for people management with an emphasis on raising the profile of HR, effective and proactive management of complex employee relations matters, change management, supporting policy development and undertaking a range of HR related projects across the HR and OD function.
Line manage and take a lead role in the mentorship and development of the HR Advisers, ensuring constant professional growth, knowledge and practice whilst instilling the Council’s values and behaviours within the work of the team.
Responsible for providing a solid generalist HR experience to support the development of the Assistant HRBP’s of the future.
- Responsible for line managing, supporting and developing the HR Advisers to achieve their full potential, ensuring constant professional growth, knowledge and practice whilst instilling the Council’s values and behaviours.
- Responsible for the provision of HR advice and support encompassing the full breadth of the employment relationship including taking accountability for advising, planning and implementing restructuring projects.
- Effectively line manage and provide coaching and mentoring support to the HR Advisers in the provision of pro-active HR advice and the management of routine, non-complex case work, including all aspects of effective absence management.
- Lead on complex employee relations issues ensuring there is a clear case management strategy in place, clearly identifying risk and seeking legal advice and support promptly. Ensure that the HR Advisers are engaged through shadowing of complex employee relations issues to support their development.
- Support the HR Business Partners with workforce and performance information requirements including undertaking analysis, report writing and presentations of a variety of workforce information and contributing to a range of action plans.
- Provide proactive and expert HR advice and recommendations to managers on staff issues and HR policies, supporting informed decision making by ensuring that managers understand and fulfil their people management responsibilities escalating concerns and issues promptly.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD Level 7 or willingness to work towards completion within the next 12 – 18 months
- CIPD Level 5 and current CIPD Membership
- Coaching qualification or willingness to achieve and/or relevant mentoring experience
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of job evaluation and the ability with relevant training to participate in job evaluation panels.
- Experience of supporting significant programmes of organisational development and change.
- Progressive/innovative approach to HR management and the contribution to service delivery
- Excellent knowledge of current employment law and its application
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practice and its application
- Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem solving capability, able to identify and evaluate a range of options and to assess and manage risk effectively
- Able to communicate with tact, diplomacy and transparency ensuring that information is accurate and that others feel able to ask questions
- Understanding of generalist HR and employee relations experience in a complex and unionised environment.
- Ability to form positive and professional relationships at all levels, developing strong working relationships to achieve common goals.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally, explaining technical information to diverse stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate and take responsibility for a range of projects.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Assistant HR Business Partner x3 – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.