N Northamptonshire HQ0000000250
- Pay Rate:
PAYE equivalent of £350 max per day LTD
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
HOME Based Remote
To complete monthly and quarterly reconciliations for both Corby and East Northamptonshire councils
- Carry out the reconciliation of the Councils Bank Account using the data submitted from various systems, which is verified in the General Ledger and in agreement with the closing balance on the bank accounts
- Prepare reconciliation for proved un-presented cheques and a detailed listing of cancelled cheques
- Write off outdated cheques in line with procedures and submit details to the relevant service area in order for them to action within their relevant systems
- On reconciliation of the control accounts, investigate and resolve any anomalies.
- Process journal and post to general ledger any corrections that need to be made
- Complete working papers as necessary in line with the Final Accounts process at year end and monitor on a monthly basis the movement of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure that all key reconciliations are undertaken. Co-ordinate and complete a monitoring spreadsheet which shows the key reconciliations other officers are responsible for and report this on a monthly basis to the Group Accountant and Financial Services Manager
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full or part qualified Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) (or equivalent) OR Have sufficient experience at this level for more than one year
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Experience in the use of mainframe and PC applications
- Proven ability to set and achieve objectives within the agreed timetable with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.