- Pay Rate:
£27.34 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.50, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Ealing, London,
Interim Architect - Children’s Services
Reference no: Ealing 6605-1
Pay Rate: £27.34 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role.
An Architect is required to carry out professional Architectural duties and services as part of the multi-discipline design and project management Delivery Unit within Children’s Services reporting to the Principal Architect.
- Carry out option appraisals and feasibility studies for schemes of value between £100k and £30m.
- Responsible for Architectural aspects on projects of construction value between £100k to £30m.
- Responsible for producing full design details, detailed construction information and building specifications for all allocated projects between £100k and £2m.
- Responsible for obtaining planning and building control permissions and BREEAM ‘excellent’ standard design.
- Provide procurement advice comparing different forms of contract.
- Provide project management and planning services in line with the project commission.
- Delivering all assigned projects (up to £30m) from inception to delivery and handover with minimal supervision from the Principal Architect.
- Lead, coach and develop team members to improve and deliver service excellence.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner and to the commissioning client’s and end user’s satisfaction.
- Utilise and embed best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery of BIM, NBS specification manager and project management.
- Responsible for the provision of up to date and accurate information to the Unit’s Project planning and reporting system.
- Ensuring designs are kept within budget and that cost forecasts and key programme dates are both up to date and accurate and reported on a regular basis.
- Provide managerial and commercial support to Principal Architect in relation to resource management.
- Responsible for Contract Administration and Change Control on all assigned projects up to £2m.
- Working with Project Quantity Surveyors to process valuations and claims, including taking proactive and mitigating actions to ensure projects are delivered within budget.
- Direct and co-ordinate lead contractors, sub-contractors, and consultant teams.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RIBA part 3 qualification.
- RIBA Chartered Architect.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of planning, building control and CDM regulations experience.
- Knowledge and experience of construction project procurement methods including national frameworks e.g., EFA and iESE.
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual who can identify the key issues and set suitable benchmarks for costs, timescale, and design quality.
- Strong track record in design using different forms of construction technology.
- Strong track record of using various forms of contract, ideally the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a commercial and Local Authority environment.
- Experience in the Education sector working with a Local Authority.
- Excellent communication capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally by explaining contractual obligations to lay people and in writing by producing concise, factual, and clear reports including tender reports and project cost reports.
- Energetic and self-motivated professional.
- Clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail, well organised and can operate with minimal supervision.
- Highly proficient with Revit Architecture and planning tools such as MS Project.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Architect - Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.