- Pay Rate:
up to £29.60 per hour PAYE, depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
15 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Arboricultural Officer
Job Ref: WNC 9935
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
To provide professional/technical support and advice for the Planning and Outdoor Environment Management Divisions in dealing with all arboricultural matters relating to service provision and town planning and Regeneration functions of the Council.
- Prepare reports and recommendations in respect of arboricultural matters relating to service provision and the above functions of the Council.
- Prepare arboricultural reports and recommendations for applications and regeneration projects.
- Prepare appeal statements in defence of the Council’s determination of applications and to represent the Council as an expert arboricultural witness at public inquiries and hearings.
- Provide professional/technical advice on development control and regeneration matters.
- Originate designs and specifications for new and replacement tree planting schemes having regard to working methods and new developments in tree maintenance, including the minimisation of future Council maintenance liabilities.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of delivering a wide range of effective and efficient trees and woodlands services.
- Experience of providing professional advice, interpretation and expertise in consultation advice for the determination of Planning applications, Planning Appeal and Planning Enforcement.
- Experienced in prosecution issues as a specialist expert Arboricultural witness including provision of written evidence and appearance at hearings and Planning (public) Inquiries and Court.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Arboricultural Officer / Tree Inspections PT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.