- Pay Rate:
£481.54 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ENFIELD, LONDON,
Interim Accountant - Head Of Service
Job Ref: Enfield RQ678720
Pay Rate: £481.54 per day PAYE
To support the Head of Finance in delivering a high quality, flexible, professional finance service that reacts to business priority changes and adapts to current requirements. Ensure that the team works as efficiently and as effectively as possible, supporting the councils operating principles and representing value for money services
- Support the Head of Finance to deliver the service menu for a specified area of activity
- Responsible for leading on the delivery of specific service menu items according to the role and delivering these to a high standard This may include, but is not limited to, reviewing and challenging budget decisions, corporate accounting and financial planning, treasury management, supporting capital and project financial planning, including the development of business cases and providing financial activity support to services across the Council.
- Representing the Director of Finance at internal and external working groups, committees and other meetings where the role can be advisory, consultative or decision-making.
- Plan and manage the work of the team ensuring that all team members understand the service menu, standards and performance indicators, and are proactive in contributing to delivery of team objectives
- Ensure all team members are appropriately trained to be able to carry out these processes in a consistent and efficient manner
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, procedures and current and emerging best practice for the area of responsibility and ensure that the organisation meets all of its statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations
- Pro-Actively seek opportunities to deliver efficiencies including through the implementation of system improvements and increased automation
- Developing, determining and ensuring performance objectives for teams within the management remit are delivered. Ensuring that these are understood and that appropriate output focused performance management measures are developed and effectively implemented.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by management
- Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A CCAB accountancy qualification, or part qualified and actively studying for such a qualification, or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and understanding of accountancy and financial matters through a significant amount of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of local government finance, budgeting and accounting, and experience in providing high level advice, support and challenge on a variety of complex financial and service issues
- Advanced knowledge & understanding of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation - preferably local government
- Experience of successfully managing finance and other staff including performance management, personal and professional development, and the confidence and ability to lead and develop staff through a wide range of managerial relationships to achieve objectives
- Substantial experience of providing financial advice and support to senior officers, members and external stakeholders
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and interpret detailed and complex financial and other information, to develop and use financial management systems and to have the confidence and ability to train and develop others in the use and application of such systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present a range of complex and detailed financial and other issues to a diverse audience including councillors and senior officers and to develop and manage productive relationships with both external and internal contacts and agencies
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Accountant - Head Of Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.