C Bedfordshire 5163427
- Pay Rate:
£22.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 9-10 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Accommodation Services are responsible for the delivery of core business functions to a multi-millionpound Housing Service based upon the Housing service plan.
The team provide a wide range of services including; the delivery and management of a Lettings and Transitional accommodation offer, across Central Bedfordshire, their aim is to help residents sustain their licence, find permanent accommodation and avoid long term homelessness, supporting Central Bedfordshire corporate objective of, excellence and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
Position for a Team leader experienced in Lettings and Allocations, managing 2 teams, Private Lettings and Social Lettings, overall team of 16 and 2 direct reports.
Lettings management, ensuring KPI's are on target, final allocation sign approvals, MP enquiries, complaints and Councillor queries, line management.
Standard Monday to Friday with flexibility subject to business needs. Out of hours working subject to service area.
- Up to date knowledge of Housing and Homelessness Legislation, including anti-social behaviour and enforcement options and the benefits/welfare system is essential.
- You will be expected to effectively manage financial resources and develop overview knowledge of Central Bedfordshire Council’s procurement rules.
- You will be accountable for the health, safety and condition of council owned transitional accommodation/ private property portfolio.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing new services to include driving forward innovation and reducing accommodation cost to the council.
- You will be responsible for ensuring KPI’s are met and exceeded, generating and maximising income collection.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that a high quality, efficient and effective customer focussed service is delivered by your area of the Team.
- All roles to undertake other duties as may be required provided they fall within the range and scope of the duties of the post as set out above and are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Other requirements: Driving Licence
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Accommodation Services Team Leader
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.