W Cheshire 5163172
- Pay Rate:
£200.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
This post will be initially based as working from home
Whilst the post has been advertised for 3 months there is the possibility of an extension at the end of that period. The post holder will be expected to utilise a wide range of project and business analysis tools and approaches to drive forward the delivery of complex work in line with the priorities as laid out in the Cheshire Pension Fund Change Programme and Business Plan.
Candidates should have extensive experience of reviewing business processes and delivering change projects across a variety of settings and capable of delivering against timescales that are ambitious but deliverable.
To direct, prioritise and plan the coordination and delivery of one or more major change or redesign projects within the Councils Major Projects Portfolio in order to achieve the defined outcomes i.e. savings, business benefits and culture change. To work at all levels of the authority, and with partners, to drive and support business transformation and change programmes in order to meet the aims of key Council initiatives across performance, improvement and efficiency and customer service.
Development of new, improved business processes for the Council, through the completion of business process reviews. To collate, analyse and present data and other information and delivering reports that enable effective decision making about strategic direction and service delivery by managers and staff. This work will includes management of work packages and tactical service improvement projects associated with these transformational change projects. This role also involves assigning of work packages and project management responsibilities related to this of staff in services across the authority.
- Ensure the projects are delivered to the required quality and within the specified timeframe and financial savings.
- Control, maintain and monitor the project(s) on a day-to-day basis within the constraints defined by the Programme and Project Boards in order to deliver the project to achieve the benefits outlined in the Business Case.
- Business Process and Service Re-design
- To identify and undertake the analysis of systems and processes and make proposals for appropriate changes.
- To identify and calculate the financial and non-financial benefits of Business Process Improvement.
- Facilitate workshops and one-to-one interviews to capture as-is processes, current issues and development of to-be solutions.
- Production of as-is and to-be processes and ensuring that outputs are validated by key stakeholders (internal and external stakeholders)
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure progression of analysis and redesign activities
- Liaise with the Programme Manager to ensure that any dependencies and impacts with other projects are clearly understood and the necessary documentation and information requirements of the Programme Office are delivered.
- Specify the financial and human resource requirements and skill types, the work that needs to be commissioned for client managers and key stakeholders to ensure comprehensive understanding of business requirements, issues, processes and delivery mechanisms.
- Plan, design, develop, support and monitor the application of technical and business standards, techniques and policies, and monitor performance in support of the objectives.
- Manage and develop any staff allocated to the project to ensure that the appropriate levels of skill and expertise are used and that staff are motivated to ensure the effective delivery of the project.
- Produce regular progress summary and management information
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Degree or equivalent experience relevant to the post Prince 2 Foundation Exam or higher
- ECDL qualification - desirable
- Qualification in Business Analysis/Process Redesign – desirable
- Proven Project Management experience across an organisation.
- Direct experience of undertaking business process mapping and redesign as part of a change project.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking process mapping, business analysis and business process improvement and implementing the change.
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying and calculating the financial and non-financial benefits of business process re-design.
- Awareness of the Government’s wider “Improvement and Efficiency” as it affects local government and its partners.
- Ability to consider and solicit alternative staff, customer and community perspectives on issues and services
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organisation, including community groups
- Ability to work as a team member and with colleagues both within the authority and in external organisations
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively, including co-ordinating the work of others
- Ability to anticipate and manage customer and staff responses to changes in systems and processes
- Flexibility to work with shared resources (files, reports etc)
- Ability to deal with issues in a professional, objective and constructive manner
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Other requirements:
- Willingness to attend occasional weekends/evening meetings for which time off in lieu will be given.
- Willingness to travel for which appropriate allowances will be paid.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Project Manager/Business Analyst
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.