- Pay Rate:
Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Business Case Writer -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00056701
Pay Rate: Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid Working – one day office based, London.
- Identify, develop and embed best practice in Business Case writing. Provide hands-on support to project teams in the production of Business Cases including drafting, editing and staffing.
- Develop a single view of all Business Cases anticipated and in production that can be effectively reported at project, programme and board level.
- Produce an overarching Business Case development strategy and Business Case submission timetable.
- Work with project teams to ensure robust and credible Business Cases are produced in accordance with the Business Case submission timetable.
- Ensure compliance with the Business Case development strategy. Work with the Quality Manager and other functional experts.
- Conduct master classes in Business Case production and develop an up-skilling strategy for the improvement of Business Cases produced.
- Maintain and develop subject matter expertise through regular contact with approving authorities and other Business Case developers.
- Able to translate senior direction and strategy into clear, actionable plans whilst providing analytical and problem-solving capability
- Leading the development of the the organisation's 5 case model business case writing support across a team, providing advice and guidance to programme stakeholders
- Demonstrating strong project management skills, including but not limited to risk management, reporting, and business case writing skills
- Engaging with subject matter experts to facilitate input from required business areas, challenging where required
- Identifying and building strong relationships with key stakeholders critical to the development of business cases, securing buy-in from senior leaders
- Producing concise and persuasive verbal and written briefings and presentations as well as engaging with individuals at all levels internally and externally with credibility
- APMG Better Business Cases Practitioner
- Previous experience of performing project management tasks in order to oversee business case writing support
- Having an awareness of risk and issue management
- Performing financial and data analysis and management
- Understanding the digital and technology professions
- Security Clearance required
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance: SC
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Business Case Writer - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.