- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Intelligence Support Officer x 3
Reference no: Devon & Cornwall BL TCL 360361
AD JOB TITLE: Temporary Intelligence Support Officer/Admin x 3
Job Ref: Devon & Cornwall BL TCL 360361
Pay Rate: £12.92 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Candidates must be prepared to go through police vetting.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
The purpose of the role is to support Devon and Cornwall intelligence function. Quality assuring, processing, and disseminating intelligence, producing concise, current and comprehensive briefing items, maintaining clear lines of communication with other Law Enforcement Agencies and Partners, and providing support to enable effective delivery of the National Intelligence Model in driving the performance of the Force
- Quality assesses and evaluates Intelligence for publication, and dissemination in line with the guidance set out in the Management of Police Information (MOPI) ensuring compliance with the legal framework and meets a policing purpose that is compliant with the Human Rights act and data protection principles.
- Ensure the correct Intelligence / Source evaluations and handling codes are applied and Risk assessments are included where applicable.
- Undertake initial research in order to add value to the intelligence product and mitigate risk.
- Ensure local and PNC warnings / markers are added and maintained as appropriate.
- Act as SPOC for specialist systems and databases. (e.g. DVLA, UKBF).
- Undertakes local/national systems research and produces Intelligence products and Risk assessments when required.
- Manages the dissemination of intelligence to other Police Forces, Law enforcement agencies and partner agencies in line with national standards.
- Conduct international enquiries on behalf of Interpol, SOCA, UKBF, CPS and FCO) - Including the co-ordination of European Arrest Warrants (EAW) and extradition proceedings.
- Act as SPOC to makes and receive requests and enquiries to / from all Police forces and partner agencies. (E.g. passport agency, DVLA, DWP, local government, utility suppliers, prison intelligence / recall, ONF’s).
- Provide support to Intelligence cells for Major enquiries / crimes in action.
- Prepares and publishes intelligence briefings in accordance with procedures and policies, including the National Briefing Model. Maintaining the briefing system to ensure up to date and accurate.
- Attend and participate in NIM meetings as required.
- Assist in the management of intelligence related processes and procedures. (i.e. management plans, child centred plans).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across different organisations and/or teams, removing unnecessary barriers to services delivery.
- A good standard of computer literacy and IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office software and IT systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in order to obtain and clearly present information to a wide range of audiences.
- The ability to effectively plan and prioritise own workload in a methodical manner often with minimal supervision within a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience of researching and evaluating material accurately.
- Self-motivated with the ability to act on own initiative to address issues and demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Intelligence Support Officer x 3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.