- Pay Rate:
Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Innovation Lead -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00065611
Pay Rate: Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: This role requires the contractor to attend the office at least twice a month in Swindon and the remaining time can be worked remotely.
As the Innovation Lead, this role will be responsible for managing, implementing and delivering a UK wide Smart Accelerator programme, ensuring significant, measurable positive impact to UK’s innovation based SMEs in particular, and the UK economy in general.
This role will work closely with and report to the Smart Senior Programme Manager to ensure maximum measurable return and impact, as well as alignment with national, organisational and programme innovation strategies and objectives, working through applications and innovations across all sectors, whilst providing highly time sensitive, vital decisions related to these on a daily basis.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Have a current level of experience which corresponds to completed R&D with a view to swift commercialisation, of at least four years in a field related to breakthrough technology and/or deep-tech innovation
- Proven, verified experience - recognised by peers - in an area of science and technology research and entrepreneurship, taking innovative / novel concepts to commercialisation
- Proven experience in leading a selective application process, possibly involving 2 stages - written application and interview – for significant number of applications
- Proven ability to swiftly identify and understand critical criteria necessary for the successful implementation of the corporate framework as well as any other metrics on which the programme needs to be based
- Be responsible and accountable for delivery of the programme
- Proven ability to identify and effectively engage key stakeholders including line manager with regular reporting arrangements in the required formats (to be agreed)
- Demonstrate the necessary experience that will help understand the value of, and how to capitalise on all arrangements
- Quickly gain traction in engagement with the broader Research and Innovation eco-systems to stimulate synergies and coherence across initiatives, programmes and challenge teams within and outside of IUK, for higher impact from Smart Accelerator funded deep-tech
- Ability to set up a practical, deliverable and value for money framework assisting funding awardees on their journey from early-stage research to impact. Eg. by working with partners as well as other govt bodies to ensure timely IP protection; or connecting them to other relevant researchers, potential users, businesses, innovators or investors, to pick-up emerging trends, know the leading researchers, innovators and investors; and so be able to quickly pivot projects, launch timely initiatives and identify experts to advise on, for example, technical due diligence.
- Demonstrate experience in, and understanding of, how to encourage serendipitous cross-fertilisation between different disciplines (‘hard’ and ‘soft’ ones) or sectors
- A clear and specific vision for an ambitious deep-tech challenge and its potential impact; demonstrating personal creativity, drive and determination to realise the vision
- Appreciation of the ‘bigger picture’ from a broad multidisciplinary perspective
- Solid track-record in cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in academia or across academia and business / industry in new and disruptive areas, as illustrated above
- Proven experience in research and innovation management, technology transfer, entrepreneurship or investment: e.g. in managing high-risk/high-gain science- towards-technology projects or programmes in substantial technology transfer
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.