- Pay Rate:
£12.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Initial Assessment Officer x 2 – Homelessness Prevention
Reference no: Sunderland 2022 AGY 100
Pay Rate: £12.91 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide early intervention and housing advice to customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days. The post holder will make enquiries to establish whether households are homeless, they will also give advice in line with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 while also ensuring customers are signposted to relevant agencies where appropriate.
- Determine whether customers are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days.
- Provide housing options and early intervention advice to customers who are or who may become homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- Signpost customers to other agencies relevant to their circumstances.
- To provide advice and support to clients to help them to secure or sustain accommodation by resolving housing need and other matters that may result in homelessness or repeat homelessness.
- Gather information from customers around their personal circumstances.
- Carry out basic Housing Needs Assessments to establish circumstances around a customer’s homelessness.
- Draft basic Personalised Housing Plans to assist in the prevention / relief of homelessness.
- Liaise with internal & external organisations to information gather.
- Liaise with accommodation providers and family members to information gather.
- Provide support to Homeless Reduction Officers in the delivery of casework under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- To provide general administration duties associated with the post which may include but not be limited to answering telephones, updating records and importing personal information.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience in a housing related setting.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of delivering telephone and face to face advice and assistance services.
- Experience of providing support to clients to achieve positive outcomes.
- Experience of working in a similarly challenging role.
- Experience of working in a homeless, housing or supported background.
- Experience of liaising with internal and external organisations.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation in particular Homeless Reduction Act 2017.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and support colleagues to reach the end goal.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Ability to conceal emotions in the workplace, deal with difficult and sensitive situations using a caring approach.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Initial Assessment Officer x 2 – Homelessness Prevention
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.