- Pay Rate:
Up to £13.46 per hour PAYE depending experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 8.45am to 5.15pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire,
Temporary Information Governance Office/Admin
Job Ref: Warwick 5242767
Pay Rate: Up to £13.46 per hour PAYE depending experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 8.45am to 5.15pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
The Information Governance Support Officer will work within the Information Governance team and reports directly to the Information Governance Manager/DPO, supporting compliance across the entire organisation by assisting the Council in meeting their legal responsibilities under UK GDPR, Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations and, at times, other relevant items of legislation
- Consider and check the validity of all information requests and where necessary make any additional enquiries of the requester. Disseminate these to relevant service areas and track progress to ensure that requests are responded to within the timeframe allowed using the Council’s bespoke IT system, providing assistance and support to officers as required.
- Ensure all information produced by the service areas is fully validated in accordance with WDC standards, including appropriate redaction of data where appropriate, and send the responses to requesters.
- Deal with all aspects of communication from requesters and carry out general administration.
- Establish and maintain a data audit and keep systems up to date. Provide regular reports and statistics on information requests received by the Council.
- Support the Information Governance Manager in the development, communication and implementation of robust Information Governance processes and practices across WDC.
- Keep up to date with all Information Governance associated legislation, guidance, codes of practice and other applicable standards.
- To carry out any other duties as required by either the Information Governance Manager or Head of Governance and Democracy.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- 4 G.C.S.E’s or equivalent, including Mathematics and English (or equivalent experience).
- Data Protection, FOI or EIR qualification/certificate desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A good understanding of data protection principles, UK GDPR, FOIA and EIR legislation.
- Practical experience of dealing with Information Requests.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently and manage a varied workload.
- Able to work under pressure in a busy environment. Demonstrate a high level of organisational and operational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Able to consider and interpret legislation and guidance to support service areas with data protection related issues.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Information Governance Office/Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.