- Pay Rate:
Up to £33.75 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Interim Independent Reviewing Officer x 3 - Children’s Social Care
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5225083
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
Pay Rate: Up to £33.75 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to convene and chair Looked After Children reviews and to chair Child Protection Conferences as required by the demands of the service. To both review, and to monitor, a child’s case on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure ‘best practice’, rigour and outstanding care and safety planning for Oxfordshire children.
- Monitor the performance of the Local Authority’s function as a ‘corporate parent’ and identify and challenge areas of poor practice, and recognise and promote best practice.
- Monitor, facilitate and promote strong inter-agency working, communication and multi-agency Care and Safety Planning.
- Manage administrative and information processes and personnel as required.
- Carry out a range of quality assurance activities, including case auditing.
- That the degree of risk and the relevant needs of the child and the family are identified and safeguarded.
- That appropriate and high quality, cost effective and safe plans are developed using alternatives to the Child Protection and Looked After systems were possible.
- Reviews and conferences are managed effectively, safely and efficiently allowing all participants, including children and family members, to contribute and be heard, holding the child at the centre of all care and safety planning.
- Ensuring that Case Planning Processes (eg Integrated Children’s System, Assessment and Planning, Child Protection and Looked After Children procedures and documentation) are complied with.
- Ensure that services are planned and delivered in a way that maximises participation and reflects children’s rights in relation to the services being provided, and to act on views of children and young people and demonstrate children’s rights and the child’s voice are heard and reflected in all work with children and young people.
- To act as an Independent Reviewing Officer, on behalf of the Directorate for Looked After Children and to act as an Independent Chair of Child Protection Case Conferences.
- Assure the quality of professional practice within the Department with a particular reference to the DFE Safeguarding and Looked After Children regulations and guidance and local guidance and procedures.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Recent or current Conference/LAR chairing experience is essential.
- Experience of planning and reviewing plans for children and young people.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Independent Reviewing Officer x 3 - Children’s Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.