- Pay Rate:
£32.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- HUYTON, Merseyside,
Full Job Title: Interim Independent Reviewing Officer – Child Protection
Job Reference: Knowsley RQ769303
Pay Rate: £32.17 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To contribute to the operational effectiveness of the Child Protection and Review service and to be responsive to the challenges of inter – agency working to achieve effective safeguarding arrangements for the children and young people of Knowsley.
- Ensure the maintenance of the child protection and looked after children management systems, in line with legislative requirements, Department for Education regulation/guidance and the service areas policies and procedures
- Manage allocated resources in a timely, cost effective and performance orientated manner. In particular, be responsible for challenging and reporting on where services do not meet the required standards.
- Monitor the accuracy of the information held regarding Children who are on a Child Protection Plan and Children who are Looked After.
- Conduct Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Children Reviews in line with legislation, Policy and Procedure
- Conduct audits of work as outlined in Knowsley’s Quality Assurance and Learning framework and Reg 44 visits to Care Homes where requested.
- Have a significant role in the improvement of standards and quality across agencies through influence the chairing role.
- Participate in the regular collection, collation, analysis and reporting of performance management information which meets the needs of the service area, the wider Council and service users
- Personally conduct case reviews / investigations, recommending changes to procedure and practice in light of experience and in accordance with legislation and best practice
- Undertake individual case management reviews pursuant to Chapter 8, Working Together to Safeguard Children and represent the service on Serious Case Review Panels
- Work with and support other services and organisations to ensure a ‘joined up’ approach to safeguarding children and take a co-ordinating role where child protection issues arise.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional qualification DipSW, CQSW or equivalent
- Post qualification professional training
- Substantial post qualification fieldwork experience with children and young people
- Working in a multi agency/ disciplinary setting
- Experience of chairing multi agency meetings and/or complex planning/review meetings
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and Children Act 2004 and government guidance in relation to child protection, children in care and fostering services
- Management of risk
- Assessment Framework in relation to Children’s Services
- Best practice in relation to Children’s Services
- National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations 2002 - desirable
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Independent Reviewing Officer – Child Protection
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.